Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goat Leather

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Was at a dealer trying but failing, to negotiate a trade in on my WK caprice. One of the tactics he used to make the caprice seam cheap was telling me the caprice (not statesman) has leather made of goat.

Just from a curiosity standpoint, any merit to this?

/posted via mobile device\

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
id find that hard to believe...

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Would Holden not have to state that somewhere? I'm with Walesy on this one, unless goat leather is superior in some way.... Then Holden would've promoted it, not hidden it. And I doubt they'd use an inferior quality on a Caprice compared to a Statesman.

Logic says he's full of sh*t.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
humans consume hundreds of thousands of mass produced cows. each cow has a skin. that skin is easily turned into leather to make seats out of. why the f'k would they use goat skins? they are smaller and i dare say supply cannot be as regular as cows leather.

having said that, most automotive 'leather' is just glorified industrial vinyl.

the dealer you went to is a douche. they lied about this, they lied about supply from japan, what else are they bs'ing about... your call, personally i would walk and find something else.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
humans consume hundreds of thousands of mass produced cows. each cow has a skin. that skin is easily turned into leather to make seats out of. why the f'k would they use goat skins? they are smaller and i dare say supply cannot be as regular as cows leather.

having said that, most automotive 'leather' is just glorified industrial vinyl.

the dealer you went to is a douche. they lied about this, they lied about supply from japan, what else are they bs'ing about... your call, personally i would walk and find something else.

Goat meat is the most eaten meat world wide apparently :p But I agree, especially in Australia, not that many goats are eaten compared to cows, and cows are alot bigger.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
your call, personally i would walk and find something else.

oh yeh. Done that already and feel good about it. I'd have paid sticker price for their car but they tried to screw me on the trade in. It's an insult for them to give me an offer, reject mine and then come back a 3rd time and offer me LESS their initial offer. Idiots.

/posted via mobile device\