Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Going up kerb clunking/clicking noise

Louis148

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vy 2003 v2
Hi everyone I know this is my first post, But I need help yesterday I pursered A 2003 Holden commodore executive. It hasn't done many k's everything runs great apart from that when i go up the curb it makes a clicking/clunking noise on the front wheels, I am not familiar with the suspension on holdens as I used to have a land cruiser Ute. Any help would be gladly appreciated

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
might be a broken shocker. my old vl used to make a clunking noise at the wheels doing the same thing, turned out it was the shocker

Louis148

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vy 2003 v2
I just looked at this picture
57489d1231328267t-vy-v6-unfixable-front-end-clunk-drop-link.jpg
and compared it to my car it is was loose would this be cause the clicking problems?

Louis148

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vy 2003 v2
Last edited:

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Not a stupid question at all. It is a common problem with Commodores and relatively easy to fix. Is there any mechanics near you that can order it for you? Otherwise you could probably get a Holden dealer to send you one if you paid over the phone!? From memory it is called the suspension link pin. Hope that helps. Alternatively, try Home

Louis148

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vy 2003 v2
Thanks for the reply its a bush that is worn. I cant find any parts called the suspension link pin, its the bush thing which is totaly worn so maybe its called the suspension link bush or something im not sure

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Louis148, PM sent.