Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good days and average days

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
well sometimes i drive my car, it feels different,
i have days where the car drives great in relation to power and acceleration and then i have days where the car drives kinda sluggish.
is it me just being wierd? or can cars also have good days and bad days?
and im not talking about driving in hot and then cold another day.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Hey man i have the same problem i really dont know the reason.
I was gonna say Hot/Cold days but u already mentioned that.
Mine has not done that in a while, but i rekon im due for one
Ha

GLD-086

Reaction score
My car's like that too.

Some days it's like driving a Lexus, other days it's like driving an old worn out Kingswood.

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
maybe it depends on your mood or the weather, cars always seem to run better at night

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
mine always seems to be quicker if i dont drive it for a few days,

want cheap performance???? park your car for a week and then take it for a drive, you will beleive your car could out run any thing;)

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i used to experience this too, i found that resetting the ECU would make the car run great but then over the next few days it sort of slowly lose power. then it would come back and go and it used to **** me real bad...but since then i have replaced a lot of things and it just seems to have gone away, it runs pretty well every day. the only thing now is i lost the spring out of the AAC valve and it sticks sometimes either making the idle too low on cold start or making the idle too high once warm.

i reckon this problem has a lot to do with the various sensors on the intake manifold. clean your AAC, IAC, air regulator etc and it may improve. i also got a new AFM, leads, plugs, internal fuel pump, fuel filter, pod filter, replaced intake manifold gaskets, replaced some hoses, injectors and some other stuff in the meantime too so one of those may have been the cause. also you could tune you afm and check your timing

the more i think about it the more i think it was the AFM that was causing it. i don't think it was holding the settings too well. Be prepared for it just to die on you one day and need replacing. or you could replace it now and see what happens

GLD-086

Reaction score
Nah what I hate is how somedays, my gearbox feels perfect, and slips into gear with ease.

Other days it can be a real c**t, and clunk and carry on.

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
maybe its all do to with our heads?
maybe one day it runs realy good and we expect that it will run the same the next time and it does but we dont notice it.
but clearly its obvious taht it isnt our mind coz others notice to

adrian222

VL 5 speed now on 18's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 3.0L 5 Speed
ha ha yer i think we jst become acustom to the power and some days our mind plays tricks, thats way happens when we dont drive our cars for a week and we forget the feeling of drivin and sinkin in the seat then we do it and feel like we have all the power in the world. but yer my vl does the same thing

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
mine always seems to be quicker if i dont drive it for a few days,

want cheap performance???? park your car for a week and then take it for a drive, you will beleive your car could out run any thing;)

sweet, once the vc registered it should run 10s, its been sitting there for more than 2 months now:D