Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Dealership experience

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah thats them. People love to rip on the dealers but I have had good experience with McGraths.

LOL they told me 'cant use Tech2 tool on a VT-VX Commodore'
The service guy lied to my face on another matter, even his collegue looked at him funny and service guy apologised when I corrected him.

Another dealer Suttons Arncliffe said they dont know how to calibrate a 3 window cluster to my car.
Had Phreddy from ASR use a Tech2 tool to do it on my car instead.

I didnt wanna start a dealer bashing thing, but I have had the opposite experience from McGraths Sutherland and other close dealership to me.
Glad OP had a better experience then me.
I was absolutely peeved because of them.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
My last Commodore came from McGraths Liverpool and found their service generally fairly good, much better after they worked out that I know my way around a car and there was only one reason I got them to service my car rather than myself. Their HSV sales team need to employ people who if they weren't in the trade, were capable of driving the car. I bought my new R8 from Suttons Chullora recently and the Service and their Parts team are first class. It's in for some warranty work this Tuesday. Hopefully they won't change my mind

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My last Commodore came from McGraths Liverpool and found their service generally fairly good, much better after they worked out that I know my way around a car and there was only one reason I got them to service my car rather than myself. Their HSV sales team need to employ people who if they weren't in the trade, were capable of driving the car. I bought my new R8 from Suttons Chullora recently and the Service and their Parts team are first class. It's in for some warranty work this Tuesday. Hopefully they won't change my mind

Ok, I will state, the parts team if fantstic though. (opposite bunnings carpark)
Even gave me a Chrissy discount on a part cos was Christmas (not last, prior one before that)

Couple of the blokes down there are great, others go by the book, but I find it helped if you go down there and provide as much info for the part as posible.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You mean like part number, price, shelf location and go get it from the store room for them? Lol

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You mean like part number, price, shelf location and go get it from the store room for them? Lol

LOL well yes. Funny that.
Some blokes there are good to have a chat as well

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Vin number is the most important always have it with you.