Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Freight Companies

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
need some advice.

currently trying to help a fellow JC member possibly ship his new future exhaust system.

the item would be leaving Geelong, VIC and traveling to Hillarys, WA.

ive spoken to Pack & Send and for them to get a custom pallet and wrap and pack everything, theyve said $630

which im glad i was sitting down for it. i called TNT and after a few stuffing around phone calls they tell me they dont handle personal item, only business accounts..

can anyone point me in a direction where i could get it sent, and one where we dont have sell organs to fund it.

cheers

E3.jpg

E6.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Saw the heading and was coming to recommend Pack and Send.... Oh well. Lol

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I use https://www.transdirect.com.au

Gives you plenty of options depending on where you need to send it. No account needed, and generally pretty good to deal with.
You can use services like TNT through them as well.

And if the courier doesn't show up for example then they will do all the chasing up for you.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Startrak Express delivered my catback system from Manta in W.A to me here in Darwin. Not sure what the cost was though, as I charged it to works freight account.
Use to freight quite a few exhaust systems through them

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I wont EVER use Pack and Send for car parts again nor will I recommend them to anyone for that purpose.

They have an online calculator and a self pack option which is great, they have exceptions though. Now when I used them (bout two years ago) I used the tool. Packed up my wheels, took them down and dropped them off.

They rang me about 10 minutes after I left and gave me a spiel and asked me to come back down to hand them some more cash.

You cannot use the Online Calculator for Wheels (and some other car parts). I asked him to show me where this was stipulated, it took him over 10 minutes to find it himself and I asked, if you cant find it, how the #### am I supposed to?

For them to calculate the weight and dimensions, it costs an extra 180 dollars on shipping.

Then they did not like the way I packaged them. Apparently, black wrap over cardboard layers is unacceptable and they would need to "clear it by Startrack" in which case they told me it would cost me extra to repack.

So from a quoted 70 dollars to send the wheels from Melbourne to Adelaide, it blew out to close to 300 in which case I told them to unload my wheels and Ill drive them there myself.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Just received a single rim from QLD to Melbourne and it was packed by Pack and Send. Cost me $50 overnight. TNT was the carrier.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Like I said it was two years ago. So things may have changed with their policy on sending wheels. You said they used TNT, back then they used Startrack so may be a policy with them.

If you have an online tool to book and then charge exorbitant amounts to use one of their agents to book for you instead. You have to make damn clear what can and cant be booked online. At the time, the exceptions were hidden so well that even staff couldnt find them.