Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good loud muffler ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I just have the single muffler before the diff, and no resonator.

How much do you want to spend? Fitting extractors will make it louder, and the bonus is that they will give you better acceleration as well.

The cheaper way out would be to fit a hotdog in place of the front muffler and put one in the tail pipe as well.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Hi i ran Magnaflow ressies and mufflers on TERAFI dual 3 inch still loud and hi flowing

DavoVP

Reaction score
Do your self a favor and drop the exhaust before the cat on the Y piece. Start the car and have a listen even tie the exhaust up and take it for a lap.

Upon returning home with your ears ringing and a hoard of angry people after you bolt your exhaust back up and be happy with how " Loud " it already is.

I have a VP v6 to and all I have is a single 2.5" with a straight through glass packed center box. Its plenty loud and it doesn't drone.

Azwellaz

Kickin' it ole skool
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT SS 5.0
If you aren't afraid to spend a little cash i would highly recommend a Hooker Aerochamber muffler, very nice sounding muffler, good flow and very popular :)

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
I had a stock exhuast with a hotdog welded in the middle, then a straight pipe at the rear, sounded heaps better then lukey and redback systems.

The thing I noticed is they sound terrible with the stock cat, however i changed mine to a magna flow hi flow cat and it made a word of difference.

You can make a v6 loud while still sounding good, they just have their own sound, you just cant expect it to sound like a v8, because its not.

Edit: Didn't realize the original post was a few weeks ago now.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Hi ive got a 2.5" Catback and extractors on my car and it just has the redback muffler on it.. Im after a really loud muffler to have welded in. what brand would you guys recommend getting ?

Varex, that way you can go quiet when the cops are around.