Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good powersteering place brisbane area ?

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
hi guys my steering rack and the pump on my vs v6 r both on there last legs .i live in gladstone so availability is a headache so just wondering if any1 noes of sum good power steering places either in qld or around brisbane i just want a fair priced rack and pump or has any1 put a seal kit thru there power steering rack ?ive got an exploded diagram of evrything in the rack and ill give it a go myself if its not a full on exercise im after the cheapest way out there at the moment cheers muz

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try a can of power steering stop leak - you may be surprised as its stopped many a leak in cars I've had...allow about 2 weeks for it to swell the seals (which stops the leaks).
Otherwise the cheapest way out is a wrecker - reco is about $300 for rack and $200 for pump plus fitting which is quite a bit of brass.
There are write-ups on doing the seals in the pump but not on the rack which is a bit more difficult.
Good Luck.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I see you followed my advice.