Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good, slim sub

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
nowhere in my post did I say that a bigger box will sound better.

But you did imply that a larger box would make it sound louder.

higher power subs often require a smaller box, but will only be as loud as a lower powered sub, in a larger box.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
so, you're really just wasting our time...

nice..

oh excuse him for wasting your precious time. why else would you be on a forum if you dont have time to waste? noones forcing you to be here

bboystyles

chicks dig guys wit utes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ute
anyways.. i mite jus make a custom box that goes hard up agenst the back of the seats, full width of the boot nd how ever deep i want. cheers for the info guys.

how does the MTX sound?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
anyways.. i mite jus make a custom box that goes hard up agenst the back of the seats, full width of the boot nd how ever deep i want. cheers for the info guys.

how does the MTX sound?

I couldnt tell you, but going off there other subs that i have owned the quality and sound is good so i cant see it being any less.

Thats what i'll be getting when i get around to doing the sezza in the ute :)

bboystyles

chicks dig guys wit utes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP ute
no not a fan of big boxes but i dont want something that is wide that will take up the width (seats to rear of car) as i need boot space, so if i make my own that still complies with the species of the sub, so by cutting down on the width ill make up on the length...if that made sence haha

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
no, I didn't.

you seem to be lacking in comprehensions...

and bigger boxes are more efficient anyway!!

Dont provide false information, Every sub requires a different box, Some are made for a smallish box while others are made for large box's. If you shove a sub more aimed at SQ such as a Boston for example. Into a 5 cuft box. Its only going to sound like poo. The dimensions of the box relate to the relevant subwoofer.

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)
Dont provide false information, Every sub requires a different box, Some are made for a smallish box while others are made for large box's. If you shove a sub more aimed at SQ such as a Boston for example. Into a 5 cuft box. Its only going to sound like poo. The dimensions of the box relate to the relevant subwoofer.

but as a general rule, a larger, CORRECTLY DESIGNED box, is more efficient.

a sub that suits a smaller box won't be as efficient.

I'm not providing false information, I'm giving facts.

larger boxes are more efficient, doesn't mean every sub will suit a larger box though!

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
twojz makes a valid point - if you look at subwoofer design, its all about the tradeoff between power handling, efficiency and required enclosure size - i had a good link i'll try find if anyone is interested. As end consumers we often forget about the design aspect and why certain woofers suit smaller enclosures.

We all agree that enclosure size is driver dependant

Cheers