Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye everyone - goodbye forums - goodbye (crappy) holden

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Lol agree with a lot of what you have said. Holden is pretty much digging their own grave with shoddy work and cars that are well and truly not built to last. I sure as hell cant see the post VS commodores lasting as well as their predecessors but thats just my opinion and I'm sure many think otherwise.

Wish you all the best with which ever Korean car you are buying :)

Holden quality is getting worse, Korean quality gets better every year. Already the Koreans are building cars with MUCH better build quality than Holden does, and their after sales service is infinitely superior.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
get Kia optima,heated &cooled seats,panoramic roof,5 yr unlimited km warranty,
today's quality of Korean cars are like the quality of 70s',80s' Japanese cars,I owned a few 70s' 80s' Jap imports,they just go forever,and well equipped,my 1983 Nissan (1981 model) had cruise control,electric fender mirrors,back seats radio control,4 way adjustable steering wheel,IRS,4 wheel disc brakes,...

my commodore has had no major problem yet thou,owned for 2 years,

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
on the contrary, i think its a bit unfair to judge the commodores (or holdens for that matter) in their entirety just because you have 1 lemon car mate! It would be bias of anyone to say that they have never owned, or knew someone that owned, a lemon car sporting the badge of a manufacturer they love. Ill be honest, ive only ever owned holdens, HZ, camira, gemini and 4 different model commodores (oh and now a new cruise :) ), but due to my trade, i get to drive and work on a plethora of different makes and models every day. Even some of the "unbreakable" new hilux's break down. And they are allegedly the most reliable 4x4 out there!
Its your call, and you have every right to make it without an inbox judgement, however i hate when people **** can a car of any model, simply because they scored an anomoly off the production line. When it comes to cars, dont hate the game, hate the player. And you just happen to have a bad player mate ;)

just because your selling your commodore doesn't mean you have to leave..
and what he said

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Nah, better still, buy a Great Wall

Lol I am reading a bit of anti-imports into that comment.. not a big fan of Hyundais I think they are boring, and earlier models were pretty crappy. So were earlier Kias, but I think both companies now make excellent cars.. though the Hyundais are still boring.

Everyone downs Great Wall, but I dont know anyone who has actually bought one. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has, I suspect they arent as bad as their price would suggest. I think you will be seeing some fine cars coming from China in the future to be honest. Whatever you think of the cheaper stuff they send over here, if there is one thing the Chinese know how to do, it's how to manufacture things.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Thats just cars lol. You can have a good run with them or a bad. Doesnt matter the manufacturer. Ive had all sorts, Jap, French, Aus, Italian, some good some bad. I get rid of them as soon as i start having problems. Its no use just keeping them, spending money on them and running them into the ground.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
get Kia optima,heated &cooled seats,panoramic roof,5 yr unlimited km warranty,
today's quality of Korean cars are like the quality of 70s',80s' Japanese cars,I owned a few 70s' 80s' Jap imports,they just go forever,and well equipped,my 1983 Nissan (1981 model) had cruise control,electric fender mirrors,back seats radio control,4 way adjustable steering wheel,IRS,4 wheel disc brakes,...

my commodore has had no major problem yet thou,owned for 2 years,

The quality of modern Korean cars is better than that, its on a par with anything else in their price range worldwide, and just as good as the established Jap brands which tend to sell at up to double the price. To buy a better small to medium car you would have to look at base European models at more than double the price.

I own 2 Kia Ceratos, an 011 hatch and an 05 sedan. The 05 has electric windows, heaps of airbags etc and cruise control. It currently has 160k on the clock, and the only time it has ever had a spanner on it is with scheduled servicing and a couple sets of brake pads. Everything still works perfectly, nothing rattles, nothing has fallen off, it handles well and it still keeps up well with more modern 2 litre autos. Easily the best car I have ever owned.

I hope the 011 hatch is as good a car, so far its certainly doing well, but even if it doesnt it has a 5 year, unlimited km warranty and Kia service is excellent so I am confident of at least 5 years of low cost, high comfort motoring from it... excellent value for 20 grand in my view.

Last edited: