Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got a new HSV Steering wheel for ym VE SS

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
What looks different from his to mine you think?

Yours has extra leather bits at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, yours is the wrong leather finish, yours is the wrong colour, yours even looks to have a different shape at the 3 and 9 o'clock... Yours is a hbd wheel, the pic is a hsv wheel.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
So fellas just how volatile is this air bag...I'm a tad nervous about changing the wheel over now. Had a go last night (as per instructions put up earlier) but didn't seem to be getting enough leverage on the catches for it to let go. After a while I got nervous and stopped trying. Rang my local Holden fellas today only to be told by the tech that he reckoned he'd have to do a wheel alignment after changeover (now I know that is not necessary as it only goes on one way due to the one larger spline at TDC). This pissed me off straight away unfortunately then when he said it would take an hour and cost $125 I said thanks but no thanks. So back to having another go this evening...just chasing some reassurance really.

Last edited:

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
So fellas just how volatile is this air bag...I'm a tad nervous about changing the wheels over now. Had a go last night (as per instructions put up earlier) but didn't seem to be getting enough leverage on the catches for it to let go. After a while I got nervous and stopped trying. Rang my local Holden fellas today only to be told by the tech that he reckoned he'd have to do a wheel alignment after changeover (now I know that is not necessary as it only goes on one way due to the one larger spline at TDC). This pissed me off straight away unfortunately then when he said it would take an hour and cost $125 I said thanks but no thanks. So back to having another go this evening...just chasing some reassurance really.

Unless you try taking it off with a sledge-hammer, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
So fellas just how volatile is this air bag...I'm a tad nervous about changing the wheels over now. Had a go last night (as per instructions put up earlier) but didn't seem to be getting enough leverage on the catches for it to let go. After a while I got nervous and stopped trying. Rang my local Holden fellas today only to be told by the tech that he reckoned he'd have to do a wheel alignment after changeover (now I know that is not necessary as it only goes on one way due to the one larger spline at TDC). This pissed me off straight away unfortunately then when he said it would take an hour and cost $125 I said thanks but no thanks. So back to having another go this evening...just chasing some reassurance really.

Could be wrong there champ... first time I did mine I bumped the clock spring and moved it off center. I had to quickly slap the steering wheel back on to pick the missus up from work and ended up putting the bastard on at 45 degrees!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
LOL....I could imagine doing that too and having to pick up the missus. She'd so sledge me.

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Done....easy in the end although got to say I was glad to have the bagbomb all squared away at the end.