Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got a twin system what a difference

franks v8 man ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr man
Hi guys got a twin exhaust system on my vs what a difference sound like an old school gt power is far better u realize it when u open it up it really hits redline revs far quicker it was worth the $1300

franks v8 man ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr man
Yeh 2.5 twin cats was the best $1300 I have ever spent no drain in the car at idle has a quite rumble but once u go over 2000 rpm it sounds like an old school gt

franks v8 man ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr man
I had a single 3inch it seem to drone alot more like I said twin sound better and feels like its alot more free flowing trust me he will love it I have been wanting to get it done for 7 years and I finally did

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Cheers for the feedback Frank, I was close to getting a similar setup on mine soon too. glad to hear it's going to be money well spent!

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Ive got twin on my v8 and i like the sound. But im working on a VR SS at the moment that has extractors, full stainless 3inch, hotdog muffler in the middle and big ressy on the back. It sounds waaay deeper and thumps more on idle.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Idle isn't the issue though. I made my VR V6 sound pretty meaty on idle but as soon as you went over 3k boom raspy and nasty. Stainless seems to be more tinny also couple with the high flow cats I don't know how good it would sound up high.

franks v8 man ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr man
Idle isn't the issue though. I made my VR V6 sound pretty meaty on idle but as soon as you went over 3k boom raspy and nasty. Stainless seems to be more tinny also couple with the high flow cats I don't know how good it would sound up high.

Ive has a 6 to they just don't have that heavy note or rumble should I say

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon

It sounds nice all the way thru the rev range. All v6's sound tinny with stainless, thats a given