Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GPS Navigation

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
####################

Last edited:

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I use mine if i have absolutely no idea.

The only other times i use it is when i need to navigate out the city or a place with lots of one way streets.

It is handy though.

I have a Tom Tom

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
i use a gps all the time if i'm going somewhere i'm not sure of, still yet to let me down

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I use one to find my way around because I work at multiple different places each day, I've never even heard of half of the suburbs that I have to go to lol. I don't find out where I have to be until I'm just about needed there, so having a gps is pretty handy for that.

Shame it barely works in the city, what with the buildings and everything.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
I'm on my red p's and if Ive got no time to waste, and don't want to stuff around I use my gps, but with familiar areas and general known directions I don't.

I like it mainly on long trips, as I don't have to worry about what direction or route I need to take, I just let the gps do the thinking while I just drive, relax and get told what to do ha ha.

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
oh yeah forgot to add:
-good for finding maccas at 12am when you have no ****in idea where you are haha

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I use it nearly every day. Not only does it guide me when I have nfi where Im going, but its also handy to know when Im going to arrive, how many k's to go, where the nearest servo is.etc. And if you miss a turn then it recalculates the route. I couldnt live without it. I got a melways when I got my licence but once I got a job that required me to drive here there and everywhere I forked out the cash for a GPS and gave up the melways. I dont regret it for a second. Trying to pull over somewhere to fumble around with the melways is just annoying and inconvenient.

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have a Tom Tom, and yes, rely alot on it.

It has saved me alot of time and hassle, and alot of pulling over looking in the map book lol.

But then I havn't lived down in perth since I was 13, so don't really remember much lol..

And yes on the way home the next morning after a night out, it's great to find the closest take away along the way lol.. hang over food!

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
I use mine a lot of the time, mainly because my cars speedo is way out. Generally I use it for going to new places, except for once when it wasn't working. I had to go to two different places without it and I found my way just fine, so its a relief to know I'm not totally reliant on it.
I find its good because you don't have to look out for all the street signs when I'm in an unfamiliar area, and the street signs in brisbane are piss poor.