Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GPS Tracker & immobilseer

SCM071

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
looking for some info. I had a GPS Tracker and immobiliser (Tramigo) fitted to my redline about 4-5 months ago. the GPS works well, but the immobiliser had been fitted with the wrong adaptor.

I had the technician out today with the new adaptor, and after playing around with the car for about 40 min, he advised me that he can not install the immobiliser because of the CAN system. he mentioned that he could wire it from the fuse box, but BCM module would need to be reset by holden and run the risk of voiding warranty.

does anyone know a way how I can get the immobiliser to work. (starter motor is his recommended isolation point for insurance reasons)

thanks in advance.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Why waste time fitting a second immobilizer?, the factory one is sufficient for insurance, adding a second one just makes more hassles then its worth.

SCM071

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The GPS tracker came with remote immobiliser.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Remote immobilizer means that if your keys are stolen and your ride is jacked you can remotely shut it down provided the car is within GSM/GPRS range.

If you're insistent on using the starter then is there a reason you cant apply the starter interrupt to the brake pedal switch? No brake signal means no start right? Also is it auto or manual?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
looking for some info. I had a GPS Tracker and immobiliser (Tramigo) fitted to my redline about 4-5 months ago. the GPS works well, but the immobiliser had been fitted with the wrong adaptor.

So you have only noticed this now? Did you or the installer test the immobiliser at the time of installation?
As this was fitted by a third party it's their responsibility to make sure it works or give you your money back or some compensation for the fact the immobilisers doesn't work.

It's a Finland based company Contact Tramigo Customer, Distributor & Technical Support

They supposedly offer
Why Choose Tramigo for Vehicle & Asset Tracking?
Full 24-month warranty for all vehicle trackers, backed up by 24-hour customer support

www.tramigo.net/files/t23/t23-fleet-immobilizer-guide.pdf

The installer or installing body is responsible to test and ensure the functionality of their installation