Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GPS Tracking recommendations

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
Long story short, I want to be able to track my car when it's in for it's 70k service next week. I've done a search but most of the threads are pretty old and there's newer stuff out / new apps out now that do a whole lot more.

I work at a new car dealership and get my car serviced there as the staff rate is pretty good and I get cost price on parts, but I just want to make sure the techs don't flog the car. I'd service the car myself, but A> I'm too busy and B> I can't be bothered filling in the bunch of paperwork we need to do if we want to work on our own cars after hours.

It doesn't have to do live tracking, just something that I can have a look at when I get home.

Cheers.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
You workat a car dealer ship and worried they will flog your car? Best way to know would be reset the odometer, and trip computer. If it comes back with 25L to 100 you know they flogged it. End of the day i wouldnt worry about it. I happily leave my ute to be worked on at various shops. I will know if someone flogs my ute as will most likely end up through someones front fence.

S.D.M.F

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Fit a cheap dash cam behind the rear view mirror. Then you can see and hear what theyre doing in your car.

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I spoke to http://www.ccstechnology.com.au about this not long ago. he said that along with an alarm you can build a tracker in as well as the ability to restrict rpm on the car for situations like that. i have no association with him. i just rang to get pricing.

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
tell them its uninsured and no test drive allowed.
note the kms on the clock.