Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Greetings from Critical Jim.

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
hahaha nice story..

what a wank P plater that bought the car.
At least you made a nice $1100 profit over all.

Its a neat car, you should have asked on here firt though, because I have 3 centre garnishes too haha. I might even have a berlina badge for the garnish if you want it, ill have to check.

Give it a good service, flush the cooling system and check everything and you will have yourself a nice neat cruiser that you could EASILY stick a turbo onto for a weekend sleeper

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
great another vl saved!!

booma11

Reaction score
Members Ride
253 VH Vacationer
First time I have been back on this site since 2006 and come across this thread.......

.........Just sing out when you want me to come round again and we can mount an assault on the front left suspension!

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Did some parts shopping today.

Went to a self service wreakers with a mate, (Booma11).

Picked up a set of extractors for it, rumaged though all the VL's found nothing, sorted through the RB30 skyline's last one had extractors.

Came of really easily, in pretty good condition considering, dont think they had been on the car for a great deal of time.

No idea on brand, no tags/obvious stamps, might find something when I give them a clean up.

Not looking to fitting them to the VL, any tips on avoiding the dreaded manifold studs or should I just take it to an exhuast joint and let them deal with it???

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
just prep em b4 hand man,,

soak them with inox/wd40 etc. like be generous.

do it a few days in advance and really get em lubed...

then give it a go.... u should b ok,,,

unless some are snapped already.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
just prep em b4 hand man,,

soak them with inox/wd40 etc. like be generous.

do it a few days in advance and really get em lubed...

then give it a go.... u should b ok,,,

unless some are snapped already.

Cheer's, I'll give it a go and hope like hell that none have already snapped.

Not liking my chances though, doubt they have been touched since the engine was assembled.

These are the extractors in question started giving them a bit of a clean up, not sure if I should bother finishing as Im not surthere the best quailty, look like dodgy non mandrel bends.

Plus they came of a R31 skyline not even sure there going to fit up at the cataylic converter end properly.

No stamps or tags on them, painted silver cant find a similar pattern of bends anywhere else.

Attachments

• 100_3956.JPG
    100_3956.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_3957.JPG
    100_3957.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 189

booma11

Reaction score
Members Ride
253 VH Vacationer
I'll get underneath your car on Wednesday man and have a look......after comparing the floor pans and exhaust shapes I think you'll be pretty right with them fitting (shape wise) to the standard exhaust

Just gonna be a matter of whether the flange on the headers matches the flange on the cat

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
I'll get underneath your car on Wednesday man and have a look......after comparing the floor pans and exhaust shapes I think you'll be pretty right with them fitting (shape wise) to the standard exhaust

Just gonna be a matter of whether the flange on the headers matches the flange on the cat

Look identical to my lukey extractors. The flange to the cat looks very similar, and looks to be at the correct angle too.

Good find!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Success.

Springs and front shockers are in in and its back on its own wheels, cheer's to Booma11 for the help.

Its sitting on King Low's. more than happy with the ride height, far from attracting police attention also.

Took some bad photo's but you can get a rough idea of the new ride height.

Started work on putting the extractors on.

Following the advice from Detox_nath83 hosing the studs/bolts down with some lubricate/penetrate.

Gave them a dosing loosened them gave them another dose, been giving them a dose everyday for a few days now.

Scrapped the plans to use the salvaged extractors, checking out prices for some Lukey extractors.

Future plans are get it drivable, register it, drive it.

Maybe a better exhaust to match the extractors, and also look into the possibilities of fitting a Calais front end to it.

Attachments

• VL Lowered 1.jpg
    VL Lowered 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 221
  • VL Lowered 2.jpg
    VL Lowered 2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 214