Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gregory's manual? Crap?..i dont know

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Max ellerys are another option though don`t know there quality, there multi model though.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive got the VR to VS V6 and V8 Max Ellery manual, Ive got the Haynes VN to VS V6 and V8 manual, Ive also got VN,VP,VR and VS V6 gregorys manuals. Each brand has their good and bad points. The Max Ellery manual isnt too bad,better pics would make it a lot better than it is now. They use a lot of drawings instead of actual pics.The manuals that cover more than one model can be pretty vague with some things that are specific to one model..

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Ive got a few books for differant models, as reaper said, its good to have a look at the pics of certain stuff pulled apart, and i just use it as a general guide

Im pretty sure all 3 brands, ellorys, haynes and gregorys are all now owned by bookworks

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
1313377256047.jpg

Thats my book there, it covers VT,VX,VY,VZ, when i went to purchace the book from the store it was wraped up in plastic so i couldent have a bit of a look before i brought it, i have a gregory's book for my VP wich i find excelent because it focuses on the 1 model...
I do only use the book as a guide but somethings i refer to the book for help with no luck,
I live on the sunshine coast so getting stuff for cars is a pretty hard task! this was the only book i could find. next time i go to brisbane i might have a bit of a look there for a more specific book for my model car...

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
View attachment 122553

Thats my book there, it covers VT,VX,VY,VZ, when i went to purchace the book from the store it was wraped up in plastic so i couldent have a bit of a look before i brought it, i have a gregory's book for my VP wich i find excelent because it focuses on the 1 model...
I do only use the book as a guide but somethings i refer to the book for help with no luck,
I live on the sunshine coast so getting stuff for cars is a pretty hard task! this was the only book i could find. next time i go to brisbane i might have a bit of a look there for a more specific book for my model car...
Here is a pic of mine, it looks exactly the same but you will see that it only covers VT 3.6. It's a bit grubby because I use it a lot.
You might look for a copy of that, either new or second hand because it is very good, in my opinion anyway.

Attachments

• Gregory's.jpg
    Gregory's.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 263

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Thats a bit starnge that they have the exact same lot number should be 273 for the single model coverage and 273b for the multi model.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Max ellerys are another option though don`t know there quality, there multi model though.

I Have a Max Ellery Manual for VR-VS, The only thing i have ever found that was useful after god knows how many repairs was the correct way to tighten the
manifold bolts lol
Besides that found it useless, the page may as well be blank thats how helpful it is lol

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
i can upload the cd manual for people who have a ######## account if people want