Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grooves in Brake Rotors. What should I do?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Thanks everyone appreciate the feedback
I don't granny it, carry a load in a wagon sorta sporty like it's meant to but if I cared to look at the rotors from time to time I'd probably be surprised and fascinated by the changing friction surface too.
Point is I replaced originals with DBA T3 4000 at about 130k km, still going on those 170k km down the track. So realistically I think it is pretty damn difficult to actually wear the rotors, and look at it like the faster you do the quicker you can slip on really good rotors past the Minister for Finance, Love and War :cool:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I don't granny it, carry a load in a wagon sorta sporty like it's meant to but if I cared to look at the rotors from time to time I'd probably be surprised and fascinated by the changing friction surface too.
Point is I replaced originals with DBA T3 4000 at about 130k km, still going on those 170k km down the track. So realistically I think it is pretty damn difficult to actually wear the rotors, and look at it like the faster you do the quicker you can slip on really good rotors past the Minister for Finance, Love and War :cool:

AKA - she who must be obeyed

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
HAHAH my minister for finance was not happy when the doorbell rang last week and she found the set of Eibach lowered springs I ordered for my car sitting on the floor. "How much were those?"......"How much to install them?"...... yep she was not happy so I have been placed on a spending freeze.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Seriously for suggesting to waste his time and dealer's time on something that is not an issue...

It may not be a safety issue, but I wouldn't be impressed if my rotors looked like that after 5,000K, especially with a new car

And wasting his time or the dealers? How? The OP asked what to do and this is my suggestion....And the dealers time.....What are they there for? Good looks and smiles? Or just to rape your wallet?

At the end of the day, rotors that have grooves like that after 5,000K wouldn't impress me...If the OP wishes to "waste" his and the dealers time it's upto him/her....I'm not holding a gun to their head forcing them to do it...

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
HAHAH my minister for finance was not happy when the doorbell rang last week and she found the set of Eibach lowered springs I ordered for my car sitting on the floor. "How much were those?"......"How much to install them?"...... yep she was not happy so I have been placed on a spending freeze.

I know it's off topic , but wifey knifey might be 1.6O m and 52 kg but she rules all and god help those who disobey , but she is French

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It may not be a safety issue, but I wouldn't be impressed if my rotors looked like that after 5,000K, especially with a new car

And wasting his time or the dealers? How? The OP asked what to do and this is my suggestion....And the dealers time.....What are they there for? Good looks and smiles? Or just to rape your wallet?

At the end of the day, rotors that have grooves like that after 5,000K wouldn't impress me...If the OP wishes to "waste" his and the dealers time it's upto him/her....I'm not holding a gun to their head forcing them to do it...

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I'd scream the roof down and make them replace the the disks and new pads. When they are rooted and shuddering at 20k what are you going to do then?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Refer to your owners manual for warranty conditions for brakes.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Refer to your owners manual for warranty conditions for brakes.

Keeping in mind that warranty conditions in manuals etc are only valid to the extent that they comply with Australian consumer law. That is to say, Holden can impose any number of conditions in the manual, however, if they aren't reasonable you can open a case with the regulator and they may compel Holden to fix the issue.