Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Growler Cold Air Induction / Maf-less

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a VE SSV (end of month I take delivery) and I'm looking at getting one of these:

Growler® Cold Air Induction. SS Inductions - Performance Automotive Enhancements

Does anyone recommend this, or can anyone recommend some quick, cheap and easy mods to get extra HP from my SSV?

Also, with the over-the-radiator cold air system, it says it requires a maf-less tune.
Would that void the warranty? And is it road-legal? The site says it may not be.
How much does a maf-less tune usually cost? and are there any draw-backs in drivability in getting such a system?

Thanks.

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
Hi mate,

This is mostly going on what I have read....

SS Inductions don't have the best reputation - there are better products out there for the money. But OTR is the best way to go. As for brands, probably comes down to personal preference, what you like the look of etc, as they are likely to be fairly similar performance.

You are probably best to talk to your Holden dealer about what will and wont void your warranty.

Technically removing the MAF is illegal as it is apart of the emissions system. Whether you will get caught or not though is another thing. Lots of people run MAFless without issues.

I got a quote on my VY of $1200 for a MAFless dyno tune, so at a guess your VE will be around that. The tuner advised me that tune would not affect driveability or fuel economy

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
mafless is not legal and will void your warranty go exhaust

Thats good advice^^^^^^
Exhaust will sound nice and give it a bit more grunt!!
But if your looking for cheap H/P then OTRCAI and tune is the way to go to start with.
Look into getting a maff tune, see if that voids the warranty too...

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thats good advice^^^^^^
Exhaust will sound nice and give it a bit more grunt!!
But if your looking for cheap H/P then OTRCAI and tune is the way to go to start with.
Look into getting a maff tune, see if that voids the warranty too...

Thanks for the advice, I noticed you're from SA.
Any recommendation where to go to get the OTRCAI and a Maf tune?

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
i wouldn't be wasting your money with the growler system!! and i would be inclined to do exhaust first before otr and tune to maximize the results and to save having to have a touch up done to the tune afterwards.

ring Brad @ Enhanced Automotive,

contact details are in the sponsors forum above or you could just look in my signature below