Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grrrrrr

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
shounak said:
Yep.. A complete respray..

Go to a reputable panel beater, I can recommend a place that does insurance work and I know for a fact they do a good job. Just drive in and ask him if that much damage claimed through insurance would justify a respray.

Tell him the story about her bein a dick of course. See what he says.. If you weren't at all to blame (which it sounds like you weren't) let her insurance take care of it. Why should you go around driving a car with a scratched bumper..

At very worst they'll fix the whole area completely. A panel beater would do a better job then you would and you may get a lifetime guarantee out of it..

In my experience I have found this to be the opposite. Because it is not just up to the panel beater to decide what the damage is and what should be fixed. Its all up to the insurance assessor and most the time if you are trying to benefit from an accident and get more work than you are entitled to they will knock you back. This is just my experience though.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
you cant see the mark anymore though so i think i'll just leave it. besides, i dont have her name or address. just her cars rego #.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yeah you're right. But panel beaters deal with this stuff 24/7 they can generally give you a pretty good idea of what's going on..

The insurance company won't care as much if it's another insurance company paying for the damage. You may find they'll be a little more lenient..

My dad once lightly reversed into the side of a van. It was with our Silver Statesman and there was no mark on our car or the other guys.

He rang us up and sed he'll settle for $350 because our excess was $450.. The car was filled with Asians and they wouldn't give us their details and were threatening to bash us and stuff. We told him to f*ck off and told our insurance company what happened..

The insurance company paid for a whole respray and replacement of their panel, which was absolute bullsh*t, especially on a 25 year old van. But insurance companies will protect their own customers, just as long as their money isn't being wasted..