Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

guage mounts

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
ive heard that i can get an aftermarket addition to a VT dash to put my 3 guages under my Head Unit in the bottom part of the double din.
anyone know where i could get these form
The guages are diameter 50mm
check pic bellow

Z

ZER0

nice paint work there!
as far as your question, been there done that. Im fortunate enough to work in a car audio store with some very clever installers.

We simply sized up a din unit put a brushed alloy face plate on it and drilled the holes, mounted the gauges poped a bracket in the dash to hold it all in place and bobs your uncle!

failing that i belive jaycar have a 3 gauge din unit but it looks pretty poxy and comes with some crappy built in gauges... depending on the diameter you could just bust the old ones out and put your new ones in

Last edited by a moderator:

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
Go the 'P' plate!!!!!!!
Love it mate!
Good idea though GOOD cause it aint illegal!
My sug:
Boost - Temp - NOS

Z

ZER0

oh and i better mention that whilst that setup worked great its since been ripped out to make way for an equalising unit for my sound gear.

However im working on a 'pod' to house them directly underneath the din unit where the little hatch tray is.... beauty being when ever i park i can just close it up and not have to worry about anyone trying to steal my gear, it doesnt draw attention.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
slowr8 said:
Go the 'P' plate!!!!!!!
Love it mate!
Good idea though GOOD cause it aint illegal!
My sug:
Boost - Temp - NOS
Try tellin the cops that, i had to go down to the RTA to get the road uses handbook to show them that i can have it there.
I keep it in my glove box
I know my rights officer

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
ZER0 said:
oh and i better mention that whilst that setup worked great its since been ripped out to make way for an equalising unit for my sound gear.

However im working on a 'pod' to house them directly underneath the din unit where the little hatch tray is.... beauty being when ever i park i can just close it up and not have to worry about anyone trying to steal my gear, it doesnt draw attention.
what did you do with the guage set up, possably want to get rid of just the housing

Z

ZER0

just an update on this one for anyone who's interested..

after much destruction of my dash we have come to the conclusion that gauges will not fit in the trap door!

so now were back to the drawing board, we are contemplating putting the gauges back in the din unit and putting the equalizer in the trap door area (bugger the hatch off tho)

or taking the whole bottom half out leaving a dirty big gap under the double din spaces.... and slamming the gauges in there? il attach some pics as soon as i make up my mind. any comments are most welcomed tho!