Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guess The Movie Screenshot

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You know what they say about procrastination
It's not procrastination :) I have two computers my old house mate has along with other stuff, I'm going to court over it.
But one was a $500 build and the other was one I built back in the 2500k days lol.

But yea in the future I might buy a NAS or a SAN, I used to have a SAN.

But in all honesty I'll likely buy more radio gear.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
It's not procrastination :) I have two computers my old house mate has along with other stuff, I'm going to court over it.
But one was a $500 build and the other was one I built back in the 2500k days lol.

But yea in the future I might buy a NAS or a SAN, I used to have a SAN.

But in all honesty I'll likely buy more radio gear.
I think you misunderstand, I'm not asking you to set up a server , but inviting you to have a look at mine, no cost and totally casual. You might see something that grabs you fancy now and again , just grab the app on your phone from the link in the first post

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I dont know what would possess me to post this movie screen shot, but guess the movie. :D
The Hangover II Mr Chow's Sall Penis.jpg

Last edited:

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
For me this is a hobby as well as a lot of OCD , So when i started every thing went onto 2tb portable hd's then when i had two of them i copied onto a 4tb portable hd , keeping the 2tb's for back up , when i had four 4tb hd's i copied them to a 18tb 3.5 hd , keeping the 4tb hd's as backup , freeing up the 2tb's to continue the proccess . All up i have two 18tb with eight 4tb's as backup for them and have a 4tb running now with two 2tb's as backup for it, i'm currently filling another 2tb , and have four or so 2tb's to continue the whole thing. Its a bit of a commitment but also a little expensive

I started-out digitizing my optical media library with an 8TB WD NAS, and I thought "I'll never fill that up".

Then, once that was full, I bought a Synology 4-bay NAS and loaded it with 16TB drives (the largest drive on the compatibility list), and I thought "I'll never fill that up".

Then, once that was full, I bought the 5-bay expansion unit and loaded it with 16TB drives, and I thought "I'll never fill that up".

Then, once that was full, I started buying spare drive trays and playing 'musical hard drives', which I've been doing ever since.

I'm currently at 248TB of media (not counting any PC storage) and I'm adding a 16TB drive roughly every three months. (And trust me, I feel your pain with regard to the "little expensive" comment!)

I'm now saving-up for a new 36-bay Synology NAS so I can have access to all my media without swapping-out drives all the time. Once that's full, I'll be well on my way to having a Petabyte of storage!

I'm maybe a little over halfway through my optical media collection at the moment (although it's still growing almost as fast as I'm working on it), I still have boxes and boxes of DVDs in storage, and I haven't even started on the UltraHD content yet. I expect that will suck-up HDD space even quicker.

I've also learned to stop thinking "I'll never fill that up" !!!

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I started-out digitizing my optical media library with an 8TB WD NAS, and I thought "I'll never fill that up".

Then, once that was full, I bought a Synology 4-bay NAS and loaded it with 16TB drives (the largest drive on the compatibility list), and I thought "I'll never fill that up".

Then, once that was full, I bought the 5-bay expansion unit and loaded it with 16TB drives, and I thought "I'll never fill that up".

Then, once that was full, I started buying spare drive trays and playing 'musical hard drives', which I've been doing ever since.

I'm currently at 248TB of media (not counting any PC storage) and I'm adding a 16TB drive roughly every three months. (And trust me, I feel your pain with regard to the "little expensive" comment!)

I'm now saving-up for a new 36-bay Synology NAS so I can have access to all my media without swapping-out drives all the time. Once that's full, I'll be well on my way to having a Petabyte of storage!

I'm maybe a little over halfway through my optical media collection at the moment (although it's still growing almost as fast as I'm working on it), I still have boxes and boxes of DVDs in storage, and I haven't even started on the UltraHD content yet. I expect that will suck-up HDD space even quicker.

I've also learned to stop thinking "I'll never fill that up" !!!
Geez , have you ever thought of getting professional help . I keep saying to myself that once i fill the next one i'll stop at that , but no. Because i share my library online with friends and family i don't do 2160p because both peoples hardware and internet struggle sometimes so i don't bother, but it also helps keep the storage size down. I did a count of video files a month or so ago which came up at 61.000 files as well as 270.000 mp3 files. Thats why i started this thread because if your going to have such a large library you need people to watch them

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
OK what about this one , this shouldn't be too hard.
Highlander.jpg