Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

h.i.d conversion

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
looks real enough, the guy has lots of positive feedback read some of the comments some of the negatives are mostly about shipping time and packaging and installation issues which are explained within the listing, I would suggest you read all of the ad and ask questions before ordering and make sure you order what YOU need, there are obviously lots of variations, check double check then order.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Read the feedback... Heres an example and thats not even half the negative feedback he's got:

DO NOT BUY THIS KIT. NOT GOING TO EVEN BOTHER GETTING REPLACMENT OR WARRENTY!!!

Poor quality HIDs, constantly flicker, Non responsive seller - Paypal Claim :(

BULBS DONT FIT. SENT WRONG COLOR. DID NOT SHIP FROM US.

i never gut mi hid kit

Poor quality HIDs, constantly flicker, Non responsive seller - Paypal Claim :(

bad bulbs and he expects meto ship it back to China ship fees Expensive thanbulb

over a month no item. not replying. not a good seller

Ballast defective, not received new, have paid, missing tracking no 16028361633

bot 8/8 never got, seller took my money. after 30 days no resp poor dont buy

The Seller shipp DEFECTED BULBS!!!!!!!

BEWARE! easier to get blood out of a stone than a replacement for a faulty item

Not Happy just offered me partial refund after sending wrong item?& denies!

poor quality, had to clean marks off bulbs, bulbs are different colours.

bad quality

faulty item very poor comunicatiuon NOT RECOMENDED

VERY POOR PRODUCT,BULBS FAIL NOT LONG AFTER FITTING,VERY CHEAP PRODUCT,STAY AWAY

Never received item, seller not responding to me, poor comunication

item not as described

Do not buy these, especially H4.Seller ignores, Going to police as advised by PP

I never received my second kit I even paid extra $20 to get the more color bulbs

gandu! quality sucks! very hard to resolve the problem with

Poor quality product from china which makes exchanges expensive. Dont work long.

Not very helpful after receiving a faulty item Was asked to go to manufacture

poor product lasted 1 day have to send to china for warranty warning do not buy

Lights keep flickering,i tried to contact seller but no response,cheap product

Item received was damaged and i was expected to return AND PAY FOR SHIPPING!!

Improper documentation caused customs refusal. Seller wont fax new paperwork.

Seller never answer to emails,1 of 2 ballast was defect return it, no new balast

Didn't receive the product at all from seller. Going to contact Paypal this week

Lights keep flickering on/off, seller stopped responding, Do not buy from them!!

RIPOFF!!!! ITEM ARRIVED BROKEN AND REFUND/REPLACEMENT WAS REFUSED! WORST SELLER!

opened box with only ONE BULB inside. sller wouldnt send rplcmnt bulb or warrant

VERY BAD ITEM IN USED CONDITION SCRATCHED VERY SLOW SHIPPING DONT RECOMMEND!

ABSOLUTE TERRIBLE PRODUCT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!!!

product doesnt work, wont send new parts, had to buy new parts from someone else

Kit burnt in less than two weeks! My car was almost burnt too! Be Aware!!!!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
So looking at the negative feedback its poor quality, the lights flicker. Many have had defective ballasts, burnt out globes, second hand condition kits. Some have only lasted 1 day, others 2 weeks. The seller seems to have poor communication and getting a refund or replacement doesn't look like a pleasant process. Plenty of people taking paypal claims and some even going to police.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I think what you have done is not really fair listing only the negatives with no seller responses and out of 3100 odd sales there are only 80 odd neutrals and negatives and half of them appear FALSE and or MISLEADING there seems to be alot of ignorant ebay haters out there, you just can't please everyone. one seller response

"our defect rate is less than 1% when installed properly"

read listings and feedback carefully and always read instructions even if you THINK you know how it is done.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think what you have done is not really fair listing only the negatives with no seller responses and out of 3100 odd sales there are only 80 odd neutrals and negatives and half of them appear FALSE and or MISLEADING there seems to be alot of ignorant ebay haters out there, you just can't please everyone. one seller response

"our defect rate is less than 1% when installed properly"

read listings and feedback carefully and always read instructions even if you THINK you know how it is done.

Yeah but there are common themes there. Positive ebay feedback is worthless as few give helpful information. People are chasing feedback for themselves also. How many people have had issues since giving original positive feedback as well?

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
yeah i think ill give them a miss!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Yeah but there are common themes there. Positive ebay feedback is worthless as few give helpful information. People are chasing feedback for themselves also. How many people have had issues since giving original positive feedback as well?

all valid points, in no way am I trying to sell this guys items, I just think fairness is in order, I have made several purchases on ebay and have had one problem item not as described I left a negative and recieved a negative feedback for my troubles, now a buyer can only recieve a positive feedback or NO feedback.

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
You want HID's? Gerald at gadgetmaster is your man.

Hid's flickering can be the balast not getting enough power. It's best to wire them up straight to the battery and use the factory wires as the trigger.