Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H/U removal and installation help needed!!! VL Commie

J

Jim_Waddle

Hey if any body who owns a VL or had experiences with them plz tell me how do you remove the stock head deck???
Also do i have to buy wiring harnesses to wire it to a cdx-r3300s Sony mp3 head deck???
Argh im such a n00b at this. my dad nows shitloads but he dnt live with me any more.
o well any help is much appreciated guys..... ;)

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
hmmm

use some qk connectors for the cabling

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
my personal exerience on removing the original HU in my VL? it was a 2 day job which involved me ripping out half of the dash to get the damn thing out! im sure that there is an easier way, but i couldnt find it... :b:

and removing the new HU when i sold the car..? i simply pulled it out..!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
There is a way to get too it, go to www.calaisturbo.com.au and have a search.

Everyone seems to complain about it and it usually ends up with people getting frustrated and breaking the dash. Do a few searches and open up a heap of threads and read. I know that one guy said you can come up through the drivers side footwell to undo one of the bolts on the side, and he seemed to have it sussed pretty well.

J

Jim_Waddle

ok thanks guys ill try the calais turbo forums. ill eventually find out how to do it. wer can i get the harnesses? will a car audio place have them? well ill start searching ;)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Most Auto places sell the stereo harnesses.. Repco, Autobarn has a limited range. If not try your local car audio store. I'm sure if you tried repco they'd be best to deal with. If they don't have it get them to order it in.

justinredvl

Reaction score
i took the agressive approach to removing the head unit as its not a easy job i attacked it with a pair of pliers and a screw driver basically destroyin it by rippin the guts outta it and prying it out
and as for the wiring part i just cut into the wires and soldered them on but if u dont know wat ur doing its best left to someone who does