Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H7 led

t0a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina series 2
Gidday, long time lurker first time poster. Has anybody replaced the H7 (low beam) with an led set up? I'm quite interested in doing it to my ve 2011 series 2. I've seen the HID kit available on eBay but want led. Tried to fit a conversion kit but the clip that retains the bulb hindered the fan body, also didn't realize that I would need a different dust cover on the back of the headlight housing. So just asking if anyone has done this and what your set up was, leds wise, Stock dust cover or had to buy one of the rubber jobbies?
Cheers

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
LED sucks. No where near bright enough right now.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Have you got projector style lights or just normal ones? HID in non projector will suck for other road users as light will be scattered everywhere.

Projector
IV14500NBLR-COM.jpg

t0a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina series 2
Cheers Xplaya, but I only have the stock headlights, non projection. As wraith said they would cause havoc to the other drivers. Guess that only really leaves me with H7 Light Bulbs Super White 55W?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
narva and Phillips do a plus range in the halogen, supposed to be brighter, go further etc, that's if you stay wth halogen

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Osram Night Breakers are my go to globes for all my vehicles. Nice crisp, useful, white light for a halogen. Stock 55w means you're not running the risk of damaging lenses or wiring like some of the gimmicky over-wattage types. I've never used the philips xtreme vision, but I've seen good reviews.