Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Halal Certification (WOW!)

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I think her point is being FORCED to pay for something religious is borderline un-constitutional in Australia. The problem is a percentage of the cost of something (evidently lots of things) is for religious purposes. How is that fair if I'm not of that religion? People should be allowed to have the CHOICE to contribute to something religious or not.

Well no-one is forcing her to buy one product or the other so I can't see how it could be un-constitutional.

Telling a company they can't buy a certification, that would be unconstitutional.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My biggest beef is I may be paying for that arseclowns wife's fluffing shoes.

Given Alcohol and Pork can't be Halal certified I've found my new diet. It's actually not too far from the old one.

On a serious note, our constitution would probably protect this. The unconstitutional card is a tough one to play in Australia.

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
I think her point is being FORCED to pay for something religious is borderline un-constitutional in Australia. The problem is a percentage of the cost of something (evidently lots of things) is for religious purposes. How is that fair if I'm not of that religion? People should be allowed to have the CHOICE to contribute to something religious or not.

What about the 5-6 sanatorium weetbix you/she have/has in the morning , all kosha with the 7th day adventist?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
What about the 5-6 sanatorium weetbix you/she have/has in the morning , all kosha with the 7th day adventist?

There's no extortion involved though some completely unregulated certification racket. They don't cost more because of it! And the extra costs don't go towards funding terrorism.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
There's no extortion involved though some completely unregulated certification racket. They don't cost more because of it! And the extra costs don't go towards funding terrorism.

I really do think you are clutching at straws dude , so on your logic , the extra costs funding terrorism , does that mean the donations my family make to the Catholic church , does that fund the IRA ? , or does the money go to some shady character in Sicily called Corleone .

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
If a company wants to pay for "Halal certification" as they see it as a marketing tool which has the possibility of increasing their market share, then why shouldn't they? If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm sure if more people drop the product than pick it up because of Halal certification, then the companies will stop doing it. Are we going to blame companies that pay for the heart foundation "tick of approval" for increasing their market share. That cost is also passed onto the customer, but more people buy their product because of it.

As for saying it funds terrorism, it is like saying I am not supporting any Jewish businesses because they sunk the Titanic. Goldberg, Iceberg, all the same really.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback

It goes to funding america tax free , i'd say that extorts us, Australia.