Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Halal Labelled Foods

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
Imagine for some reason you end up living in a country where Islam is the main religion, and it was good Friday and no one would sell you fish or you wanted to know what did and didn't have red meat in it because over there in this imaginary place everything is cross contaminated with red meat (terrible example but it's the best I could come up with).. would you be upset that they're not being fair to everyone in their country even though your Christianity is the minority or would you say "Good on ya, I don't like that I might be eating meat on this day and they're not advising me what is good and what's not"? Or would you go down to the local Christianity store which while there all of the Islams are giving you dirty looks and think you're a war monger? Or would you rather fit in and be able to get your specialty food from anywhere

Hear hear.

The majority do want to fit in; if this makes it easier for them to integrate into Australian society, why stop it?

/DP

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I could go without the bacon & egg sangers. But what about when alcohol is no longer served because it is against their religion.

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
I could go without the bacon & egg sangers. But what about when alcohol is no longer served because it is against their religion.

Beer banned in Australia? They'd have to hold a referendum to alter the constitution first. :D

Like I said -- this doesn't give you less choice, it gives them more choices. In the end, we need to be inclusive -- excluding other people on the basis of their race / colour / religion just divides society. I don't want Australia to go down the path of other countries (the Sudan, the Balkans etc).

/DP

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Imagine for some reason you end up living in a country where Islam is the main religion, and it was good Friday and no one would sell you fish or you wanted to know what did and didn't have red meat in it because over there in this imaginary place everything is cross contaminated with red meat (terrible example but it's the best I could come up with).. would you be upset that they're not being fair to everyone in their country even though your Christianity is the minority or would you say "Good on ya, I don't like that I might be eating meat on this day and they're not advising me what is good and what's not"? Or would you go down to the local Christianity store which while there all of the Islams are giving you dirty looks and think you're a war monger? Or would you rather fit in and be able to get your specialty food from anywhere
Juzza the problem is Australia has become to tollerent to the point that we are bending over and kissing our own asses. If I was in Iraq and asked if a food contained red meat and they asked why, I then respond 'ooo its good friday today' (I would then have to explain it to them), how long do you think it would be before I would be asked to leave?
I am speaking fact aswell, a friend travel around the high muslim population areas and while in Lenanon was asked to leave (when I say asked to leave I mean yelling in another langauge and showing him out of the shop) a shop because he had a crucifix around his neck.....................maybe we should do the same here?
AirStrike :air:

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
Juzza the problem is Australia has become to tollerent to the point that we are bending over and kissing our own asses. If I was in Iraq and asked if a food contained red meat and they asked why, I then respond 'ooo its good friday today' (I would then have to explain it to them), how long do you think it would be before I would be asked to leave?
I am speaking fact aswell, a friend travel around the high muslim population areas and while in Lenanon was asked to leave (when I say asked to leave I mean yelling in another langauge and showing him out of the shop) a shop because he had a crucifix around his neck.....................maybe we should do the same here?
AirStrike

If you know it's wrong -- why bring that behaviour here, into Australia? Do we want to destroy the easy-going lifestyle we have here by being divisive and exclusive?

/DP

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Dave your example is certainly bad, but why do we have to stoop to their level, it's easy to do to them what they're doing to us, but wouldn't it be better if they could get along and accept us, and we get along and accept them?

I know what I'm saying is impossible to achieve, I guess I'm just living in a dream world lol.. good point and I finally understand why the people in this thread are disagreeing, thread people are not necessarily racist, but they're likely unhappy because we're going out of our way to cater to their lifestyle and when push came to shove it's unlikely they would return the favor.

On the flip side though I think some people might be confused by what's happening. I don't think they're going to change all of our foods for them, but instead just put a small logo of food which is currently OK for them to eat, and it's different to Kosher because it doesn't have to be blessed.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
AirStrike :air:

yeah thats one of the main points i've been trying to get across, they wouldn't accept our way of life so why should we be any differant, they move here they adopt our way of doing things, it's not brain surgery it's actually respect for the country your going to! i find muslims/middle east (what ever the hell you want to call them - don't bother correcting me as i don't care) don't seem to have any respect for anyone but themselves.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
well I've thought of a few of things related to this thread.
1. Since when did food become a religious requirement, its a dietary requirement ffs!
2. Why do people who are generally perceived as dirty unclean and smelly give a **** about consuming something 'unclean' (I'm not being racist, but every person of this faith that I have met has questionable hygiene.
3. What do pigs think of muslims?- bet they wouldn't wanna eat em either :p
4. Doner kebabs are supposedly halal and clean and proper to eat, but who has never in their life spent the day with one end or the other (or both!)hanging over the dunny? real clean food lol

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
2. Why do people who are generally perceived as dirty unclean and smelly give a **** about consuming something 'unclean' (I'm not being racist, but every person of this faith that I have met has questionable hygiene.

what the? do you know any? all the muslims i know are that clean, smell nice and have always got there hair done and are usually shaved or have a style..... so maybe its best you dont stereotype people because of there religion..

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
what the? do you know any? all the muslims i know are that clean, smell nice and have always got there hair done and are usually shaved or have a style..... so maybe its best you dont stereotype people because of there religion..

I am not stereotyping, I just pointed out how they are percieved and yes I do know a few, I was actually working with a bunch of them not so long ago before I had my son. I also know other muslims outside of my previous workplace. And well, to put it bluntly they stunk, I'm not at all saying they all stink, I'm sure there are some that smell just fine, but I am yet to meet them so I can only draw conclusions from my own experiences here.

Talking about stereotyping, isn't their religion stereotyping pigs? Not all pigs are unclean!:thumbsup: