Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hand break level is JAMMED!!!!!!!

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
oh no this sux, im starting to hate my car more and more everyday lol.

Ok what happend was i went to put the handbreak down, but the button was stuck! i pushed really hard and ended up getting it half way down, then it jammed! then i pushed the button more and now the button is pushed into the barrell thing and i cant get to it.

the hand break is about half way down though, i drove home with it like that....any ideas on how to fix this? i need the car for work! :(

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
ive never heard of that happening before. your gonna have to pull the lever off and have a look at the button mechanism. it must be jammed with something sticky or something.

G

gocommygo

ok, this happened to me before, you gotta take off the panel near thats around the gear knob and unzip the leather thing near the handbrake and get sum wd-40, innox, etc and spray the button and keep moving the lever up and down and play round with it till it works, thats what i did to mine and havent had probs since.

kowan

Clayton's Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.aussiewholesalers.com
Members Ride
91 Clayton's Commodore/Toyota Lexcen
Sometimes when your eating your KFC or putting you fingers where the sun don't shine and you go to release the handbrake, you put all that crap around the release button and it gets jammed. Under that button is a long spring which pushes forwards but if too much crap gets in it then you have no way of it releasing.

SV3800!

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV3800
Not just the handle moving up the shaft? Try pushing the rubber handle bit back down see if the button comes out more...

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
The rubber button swelled on our car and jammed the handbrake. You can just pull the button off and replace it from Holden (~$5)

kowan

Clayton's Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.aussiewholesalers.com
Members Ride
91 Clayton's Commodore/Toyota Lexcen
The only way I could fix mine was to replace the brake handle.
To do this, make life easy, put your car on ramps, remove the left front seat and console. Having them removed, you can see the two bolts. Now under the car you remove the handbrake cable, two nuts.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
had the same problem, mentioned it to my mechanic when i took it in for a service, he replaced the button and all has been good since :)

daftest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
The only way I could fix mine was to replace the brake handle.
To do this, make life easy, put your car on ramps, remove the left front seat and console. Having them removed, you can see the two bolts. Now under the car you remove the handbrake cable, two nuts.

I need to replace my brake handle too. Can you give any more details? Where are the 2 bolts?

cheers,
David.

jamee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesmen
mm i hate this....it jus happened to my vr statesmen n itz reli annoying!! my cuzin put my handbreak up high i went to put it down this mornin and it got stuck half way... now it is stuck :(