Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hands Free Kit Installation Help. Nokia HFU-2

O

OBMAR

I have a VS Aclaim station wagon and a VZ one tonner and wish to install a Nokia HFU-2 hands free mobile phone kit to both.

1. Has anyone installed this particular Nokia kit in either of these model Commodores?

2. If so were you able to activate the radio mute and have the phone call come through the car audio speakers?

3. Is there any tricks to doing the installation?

4. Where is the best place to instal the phone cradle?

5. What are the best options for wiring runs from phone cradle to phone control unit?

6. Where is the best place to fit the phone control unit?

7. What is the best routing for microphone wiring?

I think I have covered it all. Much appreciative for any answers!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :D

A

Armand

Hands Free Kit Installation Help. Nokia HFU-2 WIRING DIAGRAM?

Hands Free Kit Installation Help. I'VE GOT A Nokia HFU-2 CARKIT TO INSTALL IN A VOLKSWAGON POLO.
PLEASE SENT ME A WIRING DIAGRAM?

REGARDS,

ARMAND

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
1. Has anyone installed this particular Nokia kit in either of these model Commodores? Yup, both...many many times over....

2. If so were you able to activate the radio mute and have the phone call come through the car audio speakers?The VS does NOT support Radio mute, but it can be done via a relay, let me know if you want the diagram for it. The VZ Yes it's really quite simple, drop the panel beside the transmission down on the passenger side (remove glove box first) Just inside you will a little white plug with 6 wires going into it. Radio mute and your speaker connections go into that. Along with power and earth

3. Is there any tricks to doing the installation? Nope, not really.

4. Where is the best place to instal the phone cradle? on the VX holden released a phone cradle mount that clipped to the left hand side of the transmission tunnel it looks factory and is around $45 from any Holden dealer. on the VS? anywhere you want.

5. What are the best options for wiring runs from phone cradle to phone control unit?on the VX the cable can be pinched between the panels on the side of the transmission tunnel, you will see on the bottom panel there is a section that doesn't have a lip, feed it through there...on teh VS? anywhere you can make it fit;)

6. Where is the best place to fit the phone control unit? On the VZ, once you've wired it all up, wrap the excess cable up and strap it to the data box and then stuff it in behind the headunit, it fits like a glove and won'tmove at all. On the VS, rmove the glove box and you will see a 3 pin plug on the lefyt hand side, contained within it is Earth, Constant and accessories, plus there is plenty of room to fit the data box

7. What is the best routing for microphone wiring? On the VZ, run it across the back of the glove box, up the passenger side "A" pillar and across to the middle of the roof, you will see a little notch cut out in the center, thats where the microphone sits. On the VS, run it across to the drivers side under the dash, up the "A" pillar and have it just sticking out the top of the plastic shroud on the pillar angled towards the driver.

To the other person that requested a wiring diagram.....

Red is constant power
Blue is Accesories
Yellow is Radio Mute
Blac is Earth