Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hangin out at Maccas

D

Dogmeat

oh man excels withs the fake 13inch chromies! you pull so much respect with those things :rofl: speaking of excels theres this one outside my work whos spoiler looks like its a enlarged lego spoiler youd have to be a certain level of dumb to do that :hit:

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
hers one for ya, a bloke who i went to school with 5 years ago has a green excel, fake chrome wheels, silver spray can painted side mirrors, TYre stickers all over the front and rear windscreens, and $25 supercheap auto driving lights! what a wanka

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I agree with what was said earlier though, depending on the area, macca's could just be a hanging out spot where you'ld find all your friends on a friday night. Usually my mates and l just meet up down near the beech or just out in town.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
I agree about the maccas thing to a point (and agree totally re the excels ;) ) . For me I'm in a club so we meet in a large enough carpark or servo etc, and yes sometimes maccas. There is simply not enough room at someone's house.

I would love to be able to just cruise around all night, as I did when I was 17/18, but the price of fuel has gone up so much that it's just not possible anymore :(

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
On the subject of loitering, if the manager at Macca' or the servo was bothered, wouldn't they call the cops and have them moved? Maybe because they don't is an indication those 'loitering' are actually buying stuff and increasing the profits? Therefore the managers are quite happy to have a carpark full of patrons :)

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
I doubt maccas would have to call the police considering they are there every half hour or so for food (at 50% off...who wouldnt be) ;)

To add to my last post I don't head out until about 11pm, for the exact reason of not disturbing families/elderly. :) It is a real shame that other drivers don't respect them though.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Secki said:
yeah but i can see how easliy intimidated a young family or older couple (not grandmas) might feel pulling into the carpark and havign to park next to these clowns

Like Bec I am talking later in the night, after 11pm when most families are home in front of the TV with the kiddies in bed, and nanna and pop have long since retired for the night.

Secki: is the real reason your so anti this because you have no friends to form a group and hang out with? JK by the way :)

C.

N

nathanb

MoSkA said:
everyone's hungry so we pop over to Baysie maccas, have something to eat

Ahhh... good old Baysie maccas, a true Melbourne icon. I live nearby and whenever I give people instructions to my house, I go "it's just around the corner from the big Maccas" - everyone knows where it it.

I agree with the other comments here - Maccas is a good location to start/end the night and I know that if I'm hanging out there it's always late so I don't think I'm disturbing any grannies or families. Anyway me and my friends are hardly scary... I don't think any grannies pulling up in their 1986 Telstras are going to be too put off by us sitting around eating Qtr Pounders and drinking Coke if they're still out at midnight!