Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] Hard to start after Cam Upgrade

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
As we all know from previous threads we aren't here to publicly shame companies unless someone elses cares to foot the lawyer bills associated with it.

Spending a little over $4k you would expect it to be spot on but everyone has their bad days and could be a whole lot worse.

Off to delete a couple of posts.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey mate

Ive got the oztrack HPS cam which from what ive read is pretty large and Steve from oztrack has remotely tuned it, mine starts easy everytime but i do notice the rich smell tho lol

Mine does the same as urs with going slow speeds jerking ect, cant really avoid that with a decent cam, hows your fuel eco been btw?

On take off too if i dont give it enough revs its splutters and backfires a bit til the revs raise over 500rpm or so but the 3.7 gears on the way should fix that

Hope ya get it sorted soon man

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
hi wogboy , i have the vcm 7 in my ve ss and got 10.2 average on the way back from adelaide after i had it tuned at willall , i was sitting on the speed limit the 450ks back to mount gambier and only had one spirited overtake as the amount of cops on the road was crazy .
i was told by vcm to fit the 3.7 gears as you mentioned as it would make the car much nicer to drive , i think with a cam of any real size your going to have to ride the clutch a little get her moving

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hi wogboy , i have the vcm 7 in my ve ss and got 10.2 average on the way back from adelaide after i had it tuned at willall , i was sitting on the speed limit the 450ks back to mount gambier and only had one spirited overtake as the amount of cops on the road was crazy .
i was told by vcm to fit the 3.7 gears as you mentioned as it would make the car much nicer to drive , i think with a cam of any real size your going to have to ride the clutch a little get her moving

Yeah im at around 18L/100 for around town, yeah im hoping the gears make it better just to get off the line

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hey mate

Ive got the oztrack HPS cam which from what ive read is pretty large and Steve from oztrack has remotely tuned it, mine starts easy everytime but i do notice the rich smell tho lol

Mine does the same as urs with going slow speeds jerking ect, cant really avoid that with a decent cam, hows your fuel eco been btw?

On take off too if i dont give it enough revs its splutters and backfires a bit til the revs raise over 500rpm or so but the 3.7 gears on the way should fix that

Hope ya get it sorted soon man

My brother is having trouble with his wagon. So much so that he's sent it down to another tuner in melbourne to have a look at it. Not blaming anyone as it could be something else entirely but i'll be interested to see how it comes back.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
My brother is having trouble with his wagon. So much so that he's sent it down to another tuner in melbourne to have a look at it. Not blaming anyone as it could be something else entirely but i'll be interested to see how it comes back.

Oh true first problem ive heard with oztrack, i was having starting problems a while back and it turned out my main earth wire on the left of the engine bay was lose are arking pretty bad, burnt the block, that got fixed when i put the cam in, could be something he could look at