Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard tonneau cover

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Has anyone managed to get a 2 piece hard lid tonneau cover to fit redline 2017 ute with the sports bar that it came out with???? I asked the question to the holden dealer when buying and was told no but come back in a few years and they might be available.LOL

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
well yes ,,,,,i already have the sports bar so thought it would be a 2 piece ,,,but i could be wrong
well yes ,,,,,i already have the sports bar so thought it would be a 2 piece but i could be wrong,, been on that site and its the wrong sports bar that they are showing in photos ,i did speak to someone a while ago and they didnt know and didnt seem interested .

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
well yes ,,,,,i already have the sports bar so thought it would be a 2 piece ,,,but i could be wrong

well yes ,,,,,i already have the sports bar so thought it would be a 2 piece but i could be wrong,, been on that site and its the wrong sports bar that they are showing in photos ,i did speak to someone a while ago and they didnt know and didnt seem interested .
Ah that’s right..they slimmed down the sports bar on the last models so yes it would be a different fit.

Nevertheless, FWIW, pretty sure the 3 piece refers to the two identical pieces that stay fixed around the sportsbar and the 3rd piece is the lid itself. When ordering our current MY16VF2 (SV6) and our previous VE2 the options were sportsbar with owithout 3 piece lid…not trying to be pedantic but what I’m saying is the lid itself forms the 3 pieces.

I would have thought the mob in my link above (not that I’ve ever dealt with them) would be able to enlighten you on the possibility of a 3 piece lid to fit your sportsbar?…probably worth giving them a ring if no one else has been able to help?

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Ah that’s right..they slimmed down the sports bar on the last models so yes it would be a different fit.

Nevertheless, FWIW, pretty sure the 3 piece refers to the two identical pieces that stay fixed around the sportsbar and the 3rd piece is the lid itself. When ordering our current MY16VF2 (SV6) and our previous VE2 the options were sportsbar with owithout 3 piece lid…not trying to be pedantic but what I’m saying is the lid itself forms the 3 pieces.

I would have thought the mob in my link above (not that I’ve ever dealt with them) would be able to enlighten you on the possibility of a 3 piece lid to fit your sportsbar?…probably worth giving them a ring if no one else has been able to help?
oh ok i thought the bar the lid and the side pieces were classed as 3 piece ,anyway its been a while so might give them another call see if my patience has improved over the years ,LOL

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Were the sports bars standard on MY17 utes?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The original owner of my (Aug '17) SSVR ute told me he ordered it without the sports bar. I guess the dealer could have removed it and supplied the standard tonneau cover prior to delivery. There's no marks or evidence I can see that a sports bar was ever fitted.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Just found this on the Holden Product Information statement announcing MY17. Apologies for the formatting but check out the last NEW item for the SSVR ute..so yes, the black sports bar was standard.

Extract:
SS V Redline highlights over SS and SV6:

 Rear Brembo and front front Brembo brakes  Black 19-inch alloy wheels  Colour Head-up Display  Forward Collision Alert  Lane Departure Warning  FE3 ultra sports tuned suspension  Launch Control (Manual Transmission) and Competitive Mode  Paddle-shifters (only on AT)  Jet black interior (with optional titanium interior highlights)  NEW Black grille, fender vents, mirror scalps and DRL surrounds  NEW “V” sill plates  NEW Jade black applique on instrument panel/steering wheel  NEW Black sports bar