Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

harley tins 3 colours (not into bikes but i like a challenge)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
well this is what i spent boxing day doing much to my horror. i guess im a glutton for punishment. first after cleaning the parts that had been sitting for 2 months i bolted up and "Macgyvered" bar stand to fit the rear fender. painted the gray first then used a 2 inch tape template of a stock teardrop design from another harley tank, taped it into place and traced around it with a pencil. then with 6 mil fineline tape i used the pencil outline as a rough masking guide. for the front fender i shaped a peice of cardboard into crescent moon to fit the top black area and taped the pencil to the side of it to draw a guideline for the pinstripe. then i did a 3 layer pearl white for the center of the tear drop designs on the split tanks and the sides of the fenders. then masked off the white pearl on the pinstripe line and layed down the jet black. peeled all the masking off then applied the factory harley decals and banged 3 generous coats of clear to lock it all in. ill add to this thread in a few weeks when its finished. this is my second harley paint job but first one with freehand masked designs like this. started at 9 am finished at 630 pm....

click the photobucket link for pics...

hi_ryder - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting