Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone caught a thief in the act?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Back when I was 14, I went to the RTA with my old man for some reason, I think he was paying the rego.

We come back out, and there is this young bloke (early 20's I'd say) going to town with a screwdriver on the drivers door lock of dad's 4WD trying to get it open.

The old man walks up and says 'get the fark away from my car'.

Young bloke turns around, points the screwdriver at dad's face and says 'what are you gonna do about it?'

Quick as, the old man grabbed the screwdriver with his right hand and pile-drove his left fist into young blokes nose (my old man is left handed so bonus).

I'm just standing there with my mouth hanging open, and the young bloke is on the ground yelling about his nose and the cops. Blood everywhere. A few people have stopped to look. Old man says 'get the hell into the car, we are out of here'.

Spent all that day waiting for a knock on the door from the cops but it never happened.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well. my VK was parked out front of my old house while i was driving work cars to work and back. it had been sitting for a few weeks and the battery was totally dead.

one of the locals who knew me and my car, noticed a strange person hovering around my car suspiciously. convinced the suspicious person was trying to steal it he called the cops. cops arrived within 3 minutes (you believe that? that NEVER happens!) nab the guy while he is jimmying the ignition. ask the guy:

"whos car is this?"
"its mine"
"where are the keys"
"i lost them"
"wait here while we put your details in the machine"

guy pissbolts.

cops persue. one on foot one in the car, chase the guy through houses and up onto an awning that collapses, cop jumps on him, he punches cop, other cop empties a can of mace into the guys face and our story ends.

the cops wouldnt tell me the true story, i got that later from 4 of the locals including the people whos awning he destroyed...

and now my VK doesnt have any door locks.

the end

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Back in the mid 70's, a mate of mine was an ambo and had to work night shifts frequently. On one occasion during such a shift, his car was stolen. It was recovered, damaged, three days later about 100km from where it was pinched.

Some months later, after the car had been repaired, Rick was again on a night shift. He finished the shift around 11 pm and walked to his car, which was parked just around the corner. As he approached his car, he saw the interior light go on very briefly. He crept up beside the car and looked in to see a young bloke with very long hair laying across the front seats with his head under the steering column trying to get the wiring out to short and start the engine. Rick noticed the driver's door was unlocked, so he yanked the door open, grabbed the young bloke by the hair and pulled him from the car, then wrapped the hair around his hand and dragged him about five hundred metres by the hair to the Police Station. All the thief could do was run after his scalp, Rick had such a firm grasp on it and was forcing the thief to crouch as he ran. He dragged him into the cop shop and pushed him into a chair, then told the cops, who were pretty startled, what he had just discovered.

The local cops and ambos works pretty closely together and recognised Rick immediately. They also knew his car had been stolen some months before and the thief was well known to them. Things were a bit different back then - the thief couldn't (or didn't) complain about assault the way they do nowadays and the cops certainly weren't sympathetic, so the matter ended up in court with a petty fine and slap over the wrist for the crim. But at least Rick felt better with the treatment he dished out to the thief.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I just remembered this one: Back a good couple of years ago, probably 11 or more years ago when I was a wee lad, we used to live opposite a huge field that had a park on the top, and we always used to ride our dirtbikes on it etc, but that's off topic, & one morning I wake up to hear hoons and my dad raging on the phone, I wander into the living room and realise dad's outside the house, so as I get out there, I see some guys driving a car onto the field. Now, my dad was on the phone to the cops, saying that these guys had obviously stolen this car, and were doing doughies on the oval opposite ours. Cops said they'd send their first available unit there.

For the next 4 hours, my dad rung the police station roughly 20 or more times, and each time they told him the exact same thing. We had watched them do doughies, get the car bogged, get it unbogged, do more doughies, get it bogged a 2nd time, kicked in all the panels and smashed the windows, then tried to unbog it again, then eventually they set it on fire and ran different ways, and THEN the cops turned up about 2 hours after it was on fire. The owner of the car came up too, and dad told him how he had to sit there and watch as the guys car got abused and then burned right infront of us, and he showed the guy his mobile which had the times and number of calls made to the cops, then the cop had the attitude of turning on my dad saying he was interfering with a police matter and would be arrested if he continued & had to leave the scene of the crime or some ****, dad just told him to #### off and we went home. The owner of the car was getting his rage on at the cops when we walked off.

In a case like that though, what can you do, you know? We couldn't have gone over there and beat them up or anything, there was 1 of my dad, 1 of me (being like 9) and 5 of them

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
fairly petty but a guy i used to work with stole my 12" shifter which had my name engraved in it and crossed out my name thne wrote his on it, a week later i had to borrow "his" shifter because mine mysteriously went missing. anyway when i saw it was my shifter i took it to the boss and showed him, the other guy got called into the office and i assume the boss had a bit of a chat with him(wasnt the first time he'd done dodgey ****). couple of weeks later he got canned.

You have your name engraved on your tools? Dont come borrow of "mine" for a while.

On a side note, does anyone have any good tips to remove engravings from tools? I "bought" some secondhand tools but have some other guys name on them ;)

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I heard a noise out the front of my old house so I peeked out of the blinds and caught some aboriginals trying to pry open my fuel flap in my vn to syphon my fuel so they could get high, so I went out the back door and crept around the front of the units I was in to try and catch them ( ther were five of the bastards 1 big one and 4 little ones), anyway as soon as they saw me the little ones piss bolted down the street but the big one was too slow so I was able to catch him ( considering my size and fitness level I was pretty happy with myself at this point) I was able to tackle him and beat the s### out of the prick, my neighbor had to pull me off of him. After that I put ab alarm on my fuel flap to warn me if they ever tried again but thankfully they didn't

Rory

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i had my place broken into one night years ago when i was away working, they got a heap of dvds and had my stereo unplugged and stacked up near the door that they couldnt get open. anyway my mate who was looking after the place called past the next day, saw what had happened and let me know. due to the stereo being packed up ready to take i assumed they intended coming back the next night to get it so i had a stakeout in the backyard all night with a flat blade screwdriver and claw hammer but they never showed up.

a mate had some lads at his place and they took a few hundred out of his wallet. he knew who it was so he pulled them up in the street a few days later. there was a few of them so they basically said "what r u going to do about it?" so..

he got hold of a .45 replica pistol, went to there house, marched in and pistol whipped the lad who stole his money a few times, pointed the replica at the rest and said "pay up or die" apparently they paid up in record time

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
Mine never really escalated to violence, but one night I was working on some stuff downstairs and I heard some voices outside. I grabbed the nearest tool (Wrecking bar) and my torch, and went to peer through a window. There was two dudes just scoping out my car in my driveway which runs down the side of my house, so they were well and truly on my property, and seemed to be around ready to do the nasty to my door locks.

I just calmly pulled on a jumper and wandered out my front door to the top of my driveway and tapped my crowbar on the ground. They took one look at me and bolted down the back of my property into the national park. I definitely heard one of them trip over once or twice too, so that was a nice bonus.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
This is my kind of thread.

The first one I think of is the burglar caught on the hop after breaking into a house.

Occupants of the neighbouring house heard the alarm going off after someone had opened up a window and jumped in. When they looked over the fence they saw a bag being dropped out the window and someone climb out, make their way around the back and over a back fence. In the meantime, someone else from that house was calling 000.

By the time I arrived, there was this person coming up to me from the front of the house, puffing like they'd been running, saying that they'd seen someone break in and they tried to chase them but lost them nearby. The neighbour who had seen the burglar promptly came to me and said (pointing at this apparent good samaritan) "I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but you might want to check that persons bag".

After that arousing some suspicion, I quickly checked the persons bag they had with them and found something like a game console, laptop computer and a few other goodies. The first story was that they borrowed them the day before from the person who lives in that house, then after me not buying that they eventually came clean on the real story.

End result: charged with burglary & theft. The house occupants, once they came home, had their property returned to them and given a bit of advice on how to better maintain their home security.