Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone here ever sold a car through Carsale/carsguide ?

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
its a great way to sell and buy i have sold probably 4 cars and bought 5 all through carpoint, and bought/sold 1 bike the cheapest 5k the most expensive 49k for an 81 911sc, take good shots of the car, as close as possible, as a lot of people have scenery shots that dont take enough detail of the car/bike, the other good point is that intersate/global prospective buyer just beware of scams, no cash no car/bike, good luck

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
deposit to hold the car, 100% before they take it. And if sendin it interstate I recommend deregester it, so they don't drive around on ur plates. Or transfer the rego details.
All in All I have found car sales to be an easy place to sell a car

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
The thing that I hate about selling cars on line is the dumb ar..s that make offers. I was selling my immaculate worked statesman and the offers I got made me want to pull my add, one idiot asked if I'd be interested in swapping for his older stock as wagon that had more klms on it!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
The guy who bought my car left me a $1000 deposit on the day he inspected it, and it took him a week to get me the money because he couldn't get a cash loan due to some crap about anti-terrorism or something, so I said "here's my bank details, throw the rest in there" and sure enough, a week later, it's in my account, but after I saw it online I rung my bank and made sure it was legit & that I wanted to be able to withdraw it all that day, and once they said it was clear & legit, I rung the buyer and he came and got the car, and then I went to the bank and got the cash out (For the VL lol)

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
if u dont have a road worthy amd u know ur car is.. road worthy.
why dont u say, will get a road wothy when the car is sold

because roadys expire

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
car sales are a bunch of nazi SS pricks for dealers. $80 PER EMAIL!!! they call it a lead. pfft. everytime you get one of those scam emails, BAM, its 80 bucks. a customer once put up a car he got off us as a private ad. he owned the car outright for a couple of months and decided to get rid of it, took a bunch of pics, but used one of our old advertising pics (cos it looked really nice) the nazi's spotted our company banner in the pic and BAM charged us 80 bucks for the ad because they thought it was us selling it under private sale!!!!! :s

but i have to admit, they have a stranglehold on the market and thats why we continue to pay their astronomical fees :( if it wasnt the best way to sell a car, no one would use it.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Excellent to use if you're a private seller. However Holdens turn over very slowly as there are heaps on the site already, so unless your Holden is immaculate or low priced, don't expect contact for a long time.

Beware of the scammers though. Especially the ones that will SMS you asking if your car is still available, and if so, to email them. Thats a scam to try and get your email address which, 75% of the time is the one you used for CarSales. Then they will try and crack into the site using your information.

I always laugh at the sellers though who say "No tyre kickers or joy riders", as if that statement is going to stop them.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I sold my car in five days for an awesome price! Had about 10 people call me up! A great website for selling your car!

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Excellent to use if you're a private seller. However Holdens turn over very slowly as there are heaps on the site already, so unless your Holden is immaculate or low priced, don't expect contact for a long time.

Beware of the scammers though. Especially the ones that will SMS you asking if your car is still available, and if so, to email them. Thats a scam to try and get your email address which, 75% of the time is the one you used for CarSales. Then they will try and crack into the site using your information.

I always laugh at the sellers though who say "No tyre kickers or joy riders", as if that statement is going to stop them.

I don't agree with that. Much easier to sell a popular car than an unpopular car