Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone here put Walkinshaw mods on SV6?

VESV6Walkinshaw?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi I am new here.

Anyway I brought a Holden VE SV6 and I have been looking at the Walkinshaw performance parts that will work on a SV6. I have already been down to Walkinshaw P to see what I can do and how much. But I want to know has anyone here had WPP parts fited to an SV6 and was it worth it and do u have photos?

Anyway this is what I want to do.
1) The Cold Air Induction, 2) the 2.5 catback Exhaust, 3) WPP V scoop (for the looks because I like the look on the HSV)

Anyway I am not looking for V8 power just a bit more power & I want to know what people think how a SV6 will look with a Scoop? good or not what do you think will it look good? & even better has anyone put the Scoop on a SV6 and do you have photos?

Thanks Dave

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
comes down to opinion, im not a fan of the walkinshaw scoop, but its your car mate

VESV6Walkinshaw?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks for the reply how about the The Cold Air Induction & the 2.5 catback Exhaust do think it would be worth it? the induction to me looks cheap at $550 but they told me I will get about a 5kw bost and about the same for the Exhaust which is a bit over 2k do think it would worth doing or is there better prouducts out there? I was thinking about a getting the ECU recalibration done but WPP don't do the ECU for an SV6. & i am having a hard time finding a company that can do it. if anyone knows a good one please let me know thanks.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ehst type of CAI intake is it, thats roughly what youd pay for an aftermarket over the radiator CAI, same gain, exhaust sounds like a bit of a rip at 2k, then again i havent looked at ve exhausts, have a look on ebay to see what ve exhausts are going for. there are a few places that do alloytec tunes and they can yield fairly decent results from what ive heard.

VESV6Walkinshaw?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks I think I will go with thre WPP parts even if there are cheaper ones I just want the WPP parts because of all the work they have done with HSV & since a clubsport is just a more powerfull SS it should work well with most VE Commodores i think?. As for the ECU thats what i was thinking it should give a fair bit more power. That plus the Induction & the 2.5 catback Exhaust should give me the power that I want.

IMO I don't see the point of having a daily drive car with 500Hp for going to work & back I think if i can get to 200KwRW or over would be engouh for me as for a weekend car I would love 300-400KwRW but I think if i want that power I am better off buying a V8 to start with.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi I am new here.

Anyway I brought a Holden VE SV6 and I have been looking at the Walkinshaw performance parts that will work on a SV6. I have already been down to Walkinshaw P to see what I can do and how much. But I want to know has anyone here had WPP parts fited to an SV6 and was it worth it and do u have photos?

Anyway this is what I want to do.
1) The Cold Air Induction, 2) the 2.5 catback Exhaust, 3) WPP V scoop (for the looks because I like the look on the HSV)

Anyway I am not looking for V8 power just a bit more power & I want to know what people think how a SV6 will look with a Scoop? good or not what do you think will it look good? & even better has anyone put the Scoop on a SV6 and do you have photos?

Thanks Dave

1) Cai will give you minor power gain. Other than the placebo effect the power gain will hardly be noticable.
2) Cat back - see 1)
3) Bonnet Scoop - no performace gain what so ever. The extra weight and wind resistance would probably wipe out all of the gains in 1 & 2 or more.

Reaper

VESV6Walkinshaw?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks for the advice I have been told by WPP they each should give me about 5Kw more so in total about 10Kw which is not much but I want to get the ECU done to but WPP don't do the ECU for an V6 only V8 but I am looking for a good place to get it done. Even if i get 10Kw more power i will be happy with that.

As for the Bonnet Scoop I know it has no performace gain but I like how they look on a VE clubsport. The only reason I want it is to give the car more of an aggressive look I think they look great on a clubsport but I am worried they might ruin the look of an SV6 because the front of the SV6 & SS look a little diff from an clubsport. its just once its on and done I am stuck with it for some time.

& if i don't like how it looks than I am not going to be happy driving the car so i need to see how it will look on a SV6 or SS 1st but anyway thanks for the advice.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
go for an ECU chip.

if they have them for the VE yet.

with a VT i know it's around the 10kw gain for around 150ish (VE will be more but less than $2500)