Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has no sticker on diff

Daves95vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Vs commodore wagon executive, 3.8 v6 ecotec
hey guys im trynna figure out what diff ive got in my v6 vs ute, i havnt had anything to diffs before,
the sticker is pretty much warn completly off and the tag only says "high performance use approved lubricants only"
ive tried to look at the numbers/letters stamped on the bottem near the tailshaft and there pretty stuffed aswell, its a 9 bolt diff if that helps at all.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Some ute's came out with LSD. In the V6 I think it was only the S Pac that only had them as standard.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
hey guys im trynna figure out what diff ive got in my v6 vs ute, i havnt had anything to diffs before,
the sticker is pretty much warn completly off and the tag only says "high performance use approved lubricants only"
ive tried to look at the numbers/letters stamped on the bottem near the tailshaft and there pretty stuffed aswell, its a 9 bolt diff if that helps at all.
Supposedly the LSD has different colour filler plug, but that is not much use - it could have changed in 25 years. Pretty sure you can only buy black ones nowadays.