Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
How do you turn all the beeps off? I hate them and mylink
I hate the a/c hot or cold at 23/24C
Steering doesn't feel as good as Ve
PARKBRAKE is a joke hate hate hate
Turned off navigation alerts and warning in the back menu, fortunately you can permanently turn off things like the lane departure warning, and front collision warning, from the steering wheel, only one you can't permanently turn off is the parking sensors.
I quite like the electric assisted steering, does take a little getting use too, no prob with electric park either, I find good that you don't have worry about manually releasing it when taking off.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
ill guess ole mate that had trouble with the hand brake has a manual my friend has quiet a steep driveway after his real estate agent tried to run his kids over with his rolling away vf commodore while me and my friend where going to punch his head in he used the excuse the car only has 20,000ks on it always serviced by holden and I put the handbrake on. The next time I saw the agent he said holden told him the handbrake mec/motor was full of dirt .
How many of you blokes that say what a good car VF is will keep it after 100,000k's?
Yer I bet the real estate agent was one of those people that leaves it in neutral, with handbrake on, just relying on the handbrake to hold the car on a slope.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Yer I bet the real estate agent was one of those people that leaves it in neutral, with handbrake on, just relying on the handbrake to hold the car on a slope.
In fairness It was a pretty hot day he left it running for the aircon as he almost got my friends daughter and himself as he was halfway out a quick reminder to all how easierly things can turn to ****.

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
In fairness It was a pretty hot day he left it running for the aircon as he almost got my friends daughter and himself as he was halfway out a quick reminder to all how easierly things can turn to ****.

Learn how to use the bloody thing.
125,000km and it still works a treat, have had my car sitting on a 40 degree slope with that sucker...

Oh, and stop whining about Climate Control, set it to 19C, hit the Auto and Zone to give driver full control, car will stay at 19 degs

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Does anyone know if the horn has changed on the MY17?
I tried mine out today and actually didn't find it too bad. After reading numerous complaints on the forum I was expecting a Barina type horn.

Yeah, I just went down to the shed and tried mine for the first time.

It's nothing to write home about but it's ok.

I work from home so don't do peak hour traffic but there must be some angries out there who use the horn a fair bit :)

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
My VEII allowed me to return to the sat Nav map or hear the last turn command from the sat Nav, without taking my hands off the wheel.....VFII is not so simple....you have to touch the screen and hence take your hands off the steering wheel. Small issue that is insignificant compared to all the good things....i.e noise, power, refinement etc.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Learn how to use the bloody thing.
125,000km and it still works a treat, have had my car sitting on a 40 degree slope with that sucker...

Oh, and stop whining about Climate Control, set it to 19C, hit the Auto and Zone to give driver full control, car will stay at 19 degs
Buggered what's going on drove home from work a/c on hot air turned off a/c and cold air wtf.... At 22c. Drove son to tennis training same, car has a/c on but not cold, turn off a/c it's cold. back to holdens

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Why do you think the parkbrake is a joke? Just interested.
Must be me being 40,love our 2 VE's struggle with the vf. Hate the switch hate how you have foot on brake to release hate the beeps etc. Love the ls3 and m6 3.7 diff though.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Must be me being 40,love our 2 VE's struggle with the vf. Hate the switch hate how you have foot on brake to release hate the beeps etc. Love the ls3 and m6 3.7 diff though.
Fair enough. I'm 49 and love it. I never use the switch to turn it off though. Always just use the accelerator.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well that makes the story different.
Still what hell has he been doing to get the handbrake module full of dirt!