Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have ford lost the plot?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I can say this...a tuned and exhausted turbo territory is bloody brilliant to drive around in. So not very backwards if you ask me. Perhaps many do not care about fuel consumption and just buy what they like?

i spoke to a guy who owns a local performance shop, his was running his wifes turbo territory at the local 1/8th mile drags, was putting out around 400 rwhp(from memory) he said it still got very good mileages and was still comfy and nice to drive, just had to be a bit more careful on the go pedal.

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'04 VZ Executive, '98 EL Falcon, '95 NF Fairlane
You'd really need to take the Territory's figures in the context of its intended market. If it was a 4WD version, then you would expect the consumption to be high and it should therefore be compared to competitors within its market segment. What are the figures for a Prado, for example?

no not a parado thats a 4x4 a territory is a soft roader they are **** off road. compare a territory to a kluger, forester, captiva, cr-v, tribeca, cx9 and cx7. I would prefer a commodore station wagon or a falcon station wagon any day over them.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
I can say this...a tuned and exhausted turbo territory is bloody brilliant to drive around in. So not very backwards if you ask me. Perhaps many do not care about fuel consumption and just buy what they like?

+1, never been inside 1 but 1 morning on the way to work i was on the onramp to get onto the highway in the right hand lane and this territory came up the left side that quick i didnt even know he was there until he was infront of me..pretty quick for a bigish car

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you are so concerned about fuel economy buy a little 4 banger hatch.

Fuel costs what it costs. As long as people drive cars they will pay for fuel no matter how much it is. No amount of whinging and crying or stories on Today Tonight will affect the price of fuel.

At the end of the day, most people buy a vehicle with their heart, not their head or their conscience. Quite frankly, who the #### cares if a Territory gets 16L/100? They are built to compete in a market they are designed for, just like the 'smart car' is designed to compete for bleeding heart greenie types who think it will make a difference to global warming.