Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

have u ever heard these? TS-D691S

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
last month i bought pioneer 6x9 yellow cone kevlar speakers, i had them hooked up to a boss 4 channel amp (never again) anyway they sounded alright and then i got rid of my amp and ran them off the head deck till i got a better amp, i was also running a 15inch clarion sub with a 300wrms alpine class d monoblack,i disconnected the sub to hear what the speakers sounded like without the sub, they have so much bass that i thought my sub was still in i showed my mates and i had to open the boot to show them that the sub wasnt plugged in. great speaker 10/10

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Fill out a car audio review on them as you can never read to many reviews before you buy something

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Did you notice the bass when running them off the H/U or when you put in a new Amp? Also what H/U are you using? All these will help weather your settings are giving this good bass or weather they are just really good speakers.

P.S. My mate does have these and they aren't bad for the price, but 6x9 are a waste of $$ when you have a sub. Well that is my 2c.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Those 6x9s are real nice - although I agree with Shaneus, that if you're running a sub the extra bass from a 6x9 is a little redundant...

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
they ran better off the head unit, they dont crank as loud but they are going alright, its a kenwood head unit so not a top of the range head deck, yeah a bit to much bass with the sub, disconnected the 15 and when i get a 4 channel for the 6x9's ill chuck in some splits in the doors and plug the 15 back in and put the gains down.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
when i get a 4 channel for the 6x9's ill chuck in some splits in the doors and plug the 15 back in and put the gains down.

With splits and the sub going the 6x9's wont really be necessary, but if they are already in there ya might as well use them

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
yeah thats what i thought, i wont be able to sell them for nearly as much as i bought them for so ill just tune it so the 6x9;s arnt so bassy.

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If they are running better of the HU rather then the amp, I would say the amp wasn't set correctly. Cause even cheap amps normally make speakers sound a lot better then running them of a HU.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Heh - maybe Shaneus, but louder ain't necessarily better. ;)

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Heh - maybe Shaneus, but louder ain't necessarily better. ;)

I know a few people who would disagree with you lol. (im not one of them)