Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have you ever stopped to give a stranger a tow?

Have you ever stopped to tow a stranger's car?

• Yes

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not yet, but I would.

Votes: 27 31.8%

• Total voters

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
you lady's take great pleasure in man's pain.

oh the wounded pride

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I always do, soooo many stories.

One time this guy was broken down in the middle of burwood highway just before springvale road, facing up the hill.

So I pulled up behind him and put my hazards on, car wouldn't start, its in the way, lets have a look I figured.

So after some poking about I deduce that its the gas switch to blame, it needs to switch back to petrol to start, its locked on gas and doesn't seem to be getting power to the switch.

I mozy on back to my car, grab my toolbox, wander on back, a length of wire, a fuse and a few clips, etc later, his car is off on his way and guess who decides to arrive just then? RACV.

Who then checked over it and i'm sure they would of had to agree with me, whoever wired that gas setup should have been shot.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Me and dad once helped someone while out 4wheel driving near Charters Towers (old gold mining town). To our surprise they gave us a considerable chunk of gold for helping. Dad sold it recently for quite a few hundred. So defiently pays to be nice!

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 1998 Not my dp
opposite side for me car carked it and burnt out the crank angle sensor while at the entry to the roundabout, peak hour traffic, i get out to push it around the corner and out of no where my dad starts pushing the back with the guy from behind me. lucky he decided to clock off early

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I wouldn't tow my own car, that answers that question.

Don't even like giving jump starts with all this electrics and ****, i got the anti zap leads and still hate it.

oldboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wgn & VL Sdn
Anytime, i alway's think wat it's like to be stuk without any choice's but leave your pride an joy ... :(
I must admit that sometime's it can be different, but i will even stop an ask if ppl are ok or need assistance ... :)
To me it's just something you do really. ... ;)
But i do amitt that there aren't many ppl who stop wen i have broken down. ... :(

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
i once gave a concrete truck a tow out of the mud with a bobcat.
ive been towed out of the sand at a beach in my commodore yes i used to drive my vs ute along the beach but one day i got bogged and because its so so so low it sunk to the body so had to dig under it go get the snatch strap on .
i never did it again.

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
yes i would and i also pick up hitchers as well as long as they don't look to dirty looking.. picked up a biker looking guy once and he gave me 300 bucks and wouldn't let me not take it I didn't argue with him he was one mean lookin mofo lol. but thats off track. I ran out of fuel the other week and had to push my car around 1km to the petrol station i made it about halfway before i fellow commie driver pulled over with a car full of mates and asked me if i needed help. i said yeah I'm just pushing it up to the servo they told me to jump in and they pushed the rest of the way. I shook all there hands i couldn't feel my legs either lol I treat people the way i would like to be treated. so help people whenever you can and you will get help whenever people can help you out i say......

6 shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Executive S2/ Kawasaki zxr250
I would if i could. because ive had enough people stop and give me a tow hahaha

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
wow, this is a blast from the past!

Since I posted this I have helped tow people to the side of the road. Once some guy's car died uphill on a busy intersection so we towed him around the corner.

And when my poor VN was in it's dying stages someone gave me a lift home to get some tools to try and fix it.

what goes around comes around I guess.

Mike