Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having a spit.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
OK, here's what a cranky ol' bastard does when confronted with rudeness whilst being served at a mobile phone counter.

I was purchasing a new mobile phone last night. The shop assistant (who was extremely polite - this issue is not a complaint about him) was mid-way through my purchase when he needed to photocopy my license. The copier was at the other end of the counter. He walked to it and three young girls, who obviously thought he was coming to serve them, started asking him about a new phone. He pulled one from the counter and showed it to them, while my license was being copied. No probs so far. They then deciced they wanted to buy it and pulled out their credit card. To get them off his plate, the assistant apologised to me (knowing a sale was quicker than my upgrade to an existing contract) and sold them the phone. Then the 50 questions started. The girls just ignored me until they had their answers. I'm getting a bit shirty at their rudeness, but let it go.

Then ****-for-brains walks up, playing with his phone and talking to the assistant, who was still serving the girls. He tells sfb to wait a sec. Sfb tries to walk behind the counter to get served. Assistant says to wait outside the counter. Girls are sorted, off they go and Sfb barges straight in, ignoring me. That does it.

Me - "Don't mind me mate, I was only here five minutes ahead of you. You just go ahead and barge in, you rude prick."
Sfb - Gees, you're rude - I thought you were with those girls"
Me - "Sure. That's why they've gone and I'm still here"
Middle aged woman with him says "You'll have to excuse him. He has a disibility." (Must have been a mental one. He still had two arms, two legs and one head.)
Me - "Nope. That doesn't give him an excuse for ignorance or rudeness."
Sfb - You're a rude bastard."
Me - (proving he was right) - "Piss off." He did.

Back to my sale. I apologised to the assistant but said I was brought up in the days when you treated others with respect and waited you turn to be served when others were ahead of you.
Assistant says it's cool and resumes my paperwork.

Stuff me. One minute later, a bloke who was obviously of Middle Eastern descent and his headscarfed missus walk straight up to the counter and start asking the assistant about phones, completely ignoring me. Fortunately, war was averted by the assistant telling him he was busy and to go to the other counter. Mr. M/E and co. walk away, in the wrong direction.

I admit that I resent this sort of attitude from others and would never treat them in a similar manner. How would other members of the forum handle this sort of thing?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
How would other members of the forum handle this sort of thing?

Exactly the way you have. Good on you mate.... I was up some prick for leaving a trolley in front of my car when the trolley bay was literally 5 car spaces away

to me society is just F***ED everyone needs a good slap in the face every now and then

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
I lose my ****...
Nah I just ignore it I'm not gonna lower myself to that kinda level. Although if I had a few brews in me I'd probably start a punch on lol

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sll Caprice/ 2009 SR5 Turbo
How would other members of the forum handle this sort of thing?

I would have told the "disabled one" to wait his turn. Don't they teach simple Manners at special school ( sorry if this is offending to anyone)

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The shop assistant (who was extremely polite - this issue is not a complaint about him)

why not?
he was just as rude as the rest of them by serving someone else when he was in the middle of a sale to you

that sort of thing pisses me off

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I think you were quite reserved just saying "piss off" to be honest.

My response would have been less polite.

But yeah, we really do like in a society of jerks these days. I used to be all respectful and nice to people. Soon enough I learnt that its better to be a jerk because you get what you want quicker 99% of the time.

Example, I used to work in myer.

We had some no-refund policies on electronic devices. A customer who was not a jerk wanting a refund wouldn't get it because that was policy while the arrogant #### of a customer who made a fuss, talked down to you and wanted to speak to the manager would get their refund in the end.

5ltrs of fun

5Ltrs of fun
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais 5Ltr
Mate i would handle it exatcly the same my biggest grudge is manners. i hate when people go to buy something and dont use their manners just because you are paying for the item doesnt mean you dont have to use your manners and thank the cashier etc etc for helping you. I like to remind them at the counter and it makes them feel stupid. / end rant

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sll Caprice/ 2009 SR5 Turbo
I think you were quite reserved just saying "piss off" to be honest.

My response would have been less polite.

But yeah, we really do like in a society of jerks these days. I used to be all respectful and nice to people. Soon enough I learnt that its better to be a jerk because you get what you want quicker 99% of the time.

Example, I used to work in myer.

We had some no-refund policies on electronic devices. A customer who was not a jerk wanting a refund wouldn't get it because that was policy while the arrogant #### of a customer who made a fuss, talked down to you and wanted to speak to the manager would get their refund in the end.

I agree, my father is a pharmacist in Kingaroy before He moved to the coast. Anyway one Friday afternoon, me and my wife left for Kingaroy to spend the weekend there. When we reached Kingaroy it was 7:00 so we dropped into the Pharmacy before we went to their place. I walked in and my Father was busy so he asked me to mind the counter. I did as I was told. Did a few simple transactions, quite easy. after about 10 mins a lady walked in with an Asthma inhaler. She wanted to refund but the box was open and I told here the refund policy with such devices. She put up a fight and wanted a refund, but my fathers pharmacy couldn't refund stuff like that due to hygeine reason. Man, She gave me a mouthful of abuse.

It would be common sense though that you cannot refund items like that due to Hygeine.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I would have flipped long before that Calaber. Probably when the girls flipped out the c/card.