Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hayden's Vx Calais

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
thanks guys. im still inlove with the rims, to me they look like a cross between the original 16's being 10 spoke with the machined face and the ve gts in the v formation. pretty surprised that i have only ever seen them fitted one car that isnt a ve.

yeah white ebay leds, the first set i got came with one yellow and one white so thats like 5 weeks of waiting, my next plan is to changed all of the interior lights to white leds. just haven't had the time to find out what size everything is

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
beautiful looking car.. till you took the spoiler off :p but thats my opinion ;)

nah looks good mate!

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Car is looking good mate, nice tasteful mods.
Get the VXII Calais headlights (the black ones), they'd made the front look waaay better. :thumbsup:

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
my next plan is to changed all of the interior lights to white leds. just haven't had the time to find out what size everything is

Hey mate centre roof light is 43mm, rear courtesy lights are 36mm, glovebox light is i think 39mm, centre console light is 36mm, and boot light is i think 41mm

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
beautiful looking car.. till you took the spoiler off :p but thats my opinion ;)

nah looks good mate!

yeah well with that and the old rims made it look like it was grandpas race car, id rather have it looking like a clean cruiser.

and also being aftermarket i only had to put a globe back in the reflector as the third light wasn't blacked out from factory

Car is looking good mate, nice tasteful mods.
Get the VXII Calais headlights (the black ones), they'd made the front look waaay better. :thumbsup:

yeah ive been occasionally looking on ebay to find a cheap set, one day ill get em, that and maybe vy mirrors

Hey mate centre roof light is 43mm, rear courtesy lights are 36mm, glovebox light is i think 39mm, centre console light is 36mm, and boot light is i think 41mm
ahh thanks soo much, i knew some one would know just never gout around to searching for it.

also i had a look at your thread, with the glove box light my cover is green, were did you get the clear one?

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
ahh thanks soo much, i knew some one would know just never gout around to searching for it.

also i had a look at your thread, with the glove box light my cover is green, were did you get the clear one?

No worries mate, got mine from Holden for about $3

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
sweet thanks for the help, ill deffs be off to holden on monday night to pick them up

in the mean time ill be waiting by the letterbox for the lights to show up.

other news, i washed her all up today n went for a drive, a gold calibra pulled up as i was driving n everyone in it was shouting i had a nice car. i think they were appreciating a car that doesn't have the electrical problems that his did. made me remember my old mans one and all the problems he had with that... every week there seemed to be a new problem

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
thanks to gillo i purchased new led lights for the interior and clear covers for the shitty green ones, did that about a week ago n never got round to upping the photos.

Then on monday, hopefully as an unrelated incident the alternator **** itself n was only spitting out 6 volts from the B+ terminal. pulled it apart and cleaned every contact, put it back in and still no good. sooo dad knew someone whose wife works some where n i got a brand new bosch one for $210, pretty good considering with a qantas discount a1 auto could only do $330.

also polished the plenum cover and gave the gas mixer a quick rub down so it all matched the new alt

any way here are some shitty phone photos to tie you guys over

Attachments

• 08122010098[1].jpg
    08122010098[1].jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 08122010096[1].jpg
    08122010096[1].jpg
    87 KB · Views: 221
  • 08122010097[1].jpg
    08122010097[1].jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 174

liv4bass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
Hey mate was just wonderin do u have much trouble with camber wear on your tyres? i want to go superlows and wanted to no just how bad camber wear will be without a camber kit. thanks