Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hayman Reese towbar question.

vrcommodude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Okay so I need a Hayman reese style towing system on my VT. I need a 50X50mm system ( What i was told. I need it to tow a Motorbike trailer). My VT doesnt have the cutout that other do. I was wondering could I fit a Hayman reese system so that it goes under the back bumper? Also im wanting to know can I take the towball part out as I think i'ts ugly and just attach it when i need to tow something? Does anyone have photos of their setup? Probally hard to understand these questions as I'm in a rush as I must get to dinner! Thanks.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
is it a normal open bike trailer or a big enclosed one?, if its normal a std duty bar with a bolt on tounge would be ok, a 50x50 hitch seems a bit over the top, but if you have one then you can tow something a lot more heavier if you need.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I fitted a Hayman Reese system to my VT wagon. There was no cutout for this type of bar and I had to cut the bumper plastic with tin snips. Got it in ok. now I can tow 2100kg according to the info on the bar. Your bike trailer should be no problem. As for taking the neck out, almost all the vehicles I see with this system take it out. It definitely isn't pretty. The system is also heavy. Sat the back of my wagon down 20mm. Putting the Holden heavy duty springs in soon. $50 off ebay brand new.