Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Unit problem (VR)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hey guys..
I had the ole' eurovox taken out.. went to my brothers to let him look at the CD player install (I know how to do it.. but he's keen to do it himself).. put the CD Player in (with casing/shroud) just to see how it would go.. and it literally sits in the like a sausage would a hallway.. it's gonna be far too easy for someone to steal if they want it.. it would be a case of hold the front, and easily pull out of space, there's about 1 cm each side leeway for it to slip in and out of.

the head deck is a Kenwood KDC 1023s going into a VR.. is this normal, and is there a way to make it secure-ish??

If there is already a thread about this.. sorry
Trent.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
*bump*....

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yeah mate, you shouldn'tve used the shroud....The original radio mountings need to have a hole drilled in them and then screwed to the new CD Player...it'll ne tighter then the nuns nasty on a monday ;)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
trunkrattler said:
Yeah mate, you shouldn'tve used the shroud....The original radio mountings need to have a hole drilled in them and then screwed to the new CD Player...it'll ne tighter then the nuns nasty on a monday

No worries about that, I had thought about the brackets, put the thought into practicality.. The head unit is sitting in the hole now, not wired up yet, but it's sitting there, half bolted in.. At least it looks like there's something there now!

thanks mate *thumbs up*

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
*courtsyes* No dramas mate, glad to be of service.