Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head unit & speakers

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
What sort of budget do you have mate? Also, installation is what is going to give you good midbass, this is more important than the type of speakers you buy. Commodore doors are good for midbass too which is a plus.

STR82H3LL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
depends how much you wana spend. if you can find some old rockford punch splits or get some polk dbs the midbass is frikkin awesome. put 2 pairs in the front and you'll be set. just depends how much money and time and if you know how to fibreglass ;)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unless you have specific needs for your system, the headunit just comes down to personal choice, that headunit will be fine.

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Unless you have specific needs for your system, the headunit just comes down to personal choice, that headunit will be fine.

Thanks for your help mate. So if i get good speakers that deck wont effect the qualityof sound?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope, not really. For basic setups (Basic speakers, basic headunit) it won't change much.

Metz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II
Hey peeps I took my ve series II to jb hi fi and the guy said its not possible to take the head unit out, is it true?