Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

head unit won't turn off!! help~~~

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
Guys, I've just found out my head unit sometime won't turn off, it used to turn itself off when i take out the key and open the door, anyone know what's wrong with it????

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Its the door latch (I think its called), the switch fails and doesn't realise you have opened the door.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
As already stated, it's the door LATCH/actuator. Very common. I just had mine changed under warranty as I purchased car less than 3 months ago. Part is approx $200-$300 if you have to buy yourself. Videos online to help changeover yourself. Search youtube "how to change the door actuator on VE series 2.

Parts guy at holden should be all over this and know its common fault so he will know the part if decent.

To make sure you don't end up with flat battery in the mean time, you may have to open and close door multiple times after switching off car after driving. I sometimes needed to do it a dozen times whilst I waited until part had arrived In stock at auto electrician.

Get genuine holden. Although unlikely other aftermarket exists, but genuine is best.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
have you removed your battery lately , in your car manual it will show you how to activate it via ignition switch. Do your lights turn off, they both work the same way.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
thx mate~I brought my car for about 2 years, I think is still under warranty, hope it won't cost me too much and it won't happen again

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
light do turn off, but the stereo not, sometimes it off sometimes not, i gotta fix it asap~

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
my vy commodore keeps the head unit on sometimes. i just wiggle the door switch at the front of the door jam and it turns off. it mustn't be making a good earth.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
As I have already said, it will be the door lock actuator. This actuator has micro switches in it that fail after time meaning it doesn't recognise that the door has been opened. Sometimes it will work, sometimes not. I needed multiple opening and closing of the door before mine would switch radio off until I got it fixed.

It's got nothing to do with computer function/options either.

Good luck and search "you tube" as my previous post described and you will see all on the video.