Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Header Difference

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
No worries. That Maloo sv340 system on eBay had a flange and Flexi from memory

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Anyone know if a 2016 series 2 HSV Maloo LSA system will fit a motorsport and bolt up to the bi-modal mufflers? Is it 2.5"? System I'm looking at has flanges where it bolts up to the mufflers.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
All VF utes Holden/HSV intermediate pipes have flange type connection that bolts up to the rear mufflers. Not a direct fit due off LWB platform. If you want direct fit to your motorsport, look for a LSA system off a wagon/sedan (SWB platform) as they have ball type like your motorsport and yes they 2.5".

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Anyone know if a 2016 series 2 HSV Maloo LSA system will fit a motorsport and bolt up to the bi-modal mufflers? Is it 2.5"? System I'm looking at has flanges where it bolts up to the mufflers.
The mid section of a ute system will be too long for a sedan/wagon, and the rear hanger location on the R/H muffler will be wrong.

Mr123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline
Bit off topic but does anyone know of any immediate danger to fitting long tube headers and cats without getting a tune?
Will be trying to save a bit on labour and fitting them myself the night before I drive up to BTA motorsports and get the OTR and tune done.
I expect it to chuck a code from the o2 sensors but will it ruin anything if I drive easy for not even 2 hours to get it on the dyno

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Bit off topic but does anyone know of any immediate danger to fitting long tube headers and cats without getting a tune?
Will be trying to save a bit on labour and fitting them myself the night before I drive up to BTA motorsports and get the OTR and tune done.
I expect it to chuck a code from the o2 sensors but will it ruin anything if I drive easy for not even 2 hours to get it on the dyno

It'll be fine.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
It's not really a matter of time or km but the amount of difference your O2 sensors report. The long term fuel trims may be maxed within seconds or over a period of days. The check engine light may go on straight away because of rear sensor diagnostic, masking the main freakout of running lean.
Is it OK to drive an EFI car without correct sensor feedback, no. Will it kill it, unlikely if you drive like there's an eggshell under the accelerator but yeah there's no way of telling if you are fine or breaking the car without calibrated feedback.
FWIW I wouldn't do it without loading an intermediate tune to see you to BTA. Having said that I think most people don't really care or understand what's at stake. Why not see what BTA think, would make sense.

Mr123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline
It's not really a matter of time or km but the amount of difference your O2 sensors report. The long term fuel trims may be maxed within seconds or over a period of days. The check engine light may go on straight away because of rear sensor diagnostic, masking the main freakout of running lean.
Is it OK to drive an EFI car without correct sensor feedback, no. Will it kill it, unlikely if you drive like there's an eggshell under the accelerator but yeah there's no way of telling if you are fine or breaking the car without calibrated feedback.
FWIW I wouldn't do it without loading an intermediate tune to see you to BTA. Having said that I think most people don't really care or understand what's at stake. Why not see what BTA think, would make sense.
Fair shout, thanks for your input. Glad I asked now, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they suggest