Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headers for Gen-F2 keeping factory Catback

gmoulds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS M6
Guys,

Anyone know of a brand of 1 7/8" 4-1 Headers and Cats which will fit up to a factory Catback
also if VCM make an OTR for the LSA yet?

Thanks

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Guys,

Anyone know of a brand of 1 7/8" 4-1 Headers and Cats which will fit up to a factory Catback
also if VCM make an OTR for the LSA yet?

Thanks

The harrop headers and cats (made by HM) will bolt upto the standard catback. I know a few guys doing this.
As far as intakes go, Harrop do an open pod filter, VCM do an enclosed pod filter which looks factory. They don't do an OTR. I believe Duspeed make an OTR for the LSA.
That being said, troll the HSV forums, the open pod set up from Harrop seems to be the way to go if you're chasing every kW.

gmoulds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS M6
The harrop headers and cats (made by HM) will bolt upto the standard catback. I know a few guys doing this.
As far as intakes go, Harrop do an open pod filter, VCM do an enclosed pod filter which looks factory. They don't do an OTR. I believe Duspeed make an OTR for the LSA.
That being said, troll the HSV forums, the open pod set up from Harrop seems to be the way to go if you're chasing every kW.

Thanks for the input, I'll look at the HM headers, curious on peoples thoughts on 1 3/4 vs 1 7/8 primaries, chasing low to mid torque.
I would like a OTR as I prefer the appearance, Are Duspeed were as good as VCM ?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
The sureflo short 4-1 and cats will finish in standard position. They will possibly need a different flange welded onto them to fit a standard system.

I have, and am still considering these mated to my stock system.

VESSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportswagon
The sureflo short 4-1 and cats will finish in standard position. They will possibly need a different flange welded onto them to fit a standard system.

I have, and am still considering these mated to my stock system.
I have the sureflo headers. If i didnt have fitment issues i would highly recommend them..... :(

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Thanks for the input, I'll look at the HM headers, curious on peoples thoughts on 1 3/4 vs 1 7/8 primaries, chasing low to mid torque.
I would like a OTR as I prefer the appearance, Are Duspeed were as good as VCM ?

Being a blown car go the 1 7/8" headers, you won't miss out on power anywhere. Blown vs NA are two different stories.
A lot of people like duspeed, and they're a decent intake. Personally I wouldn't use one. But each to their own.