Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headers... selection, ceramic coated or mild steel.. Help

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
HI
I'm going to hav camshaft upgrade, n also do the full exhaust system at the same time.
Hurricane Headers
Get really stuck on headers, ceramic coated or mild steel, and they are $500 different...
so fr all i have heard only one best thing of the ceramic coated headers will keep a bit more cooler than the mild steel headers in the engine bay.. not much difference in power gain.
Will ceramic coated headers perform difference sound than a mild steel headers when after getting a full exhaust done??

Any suggest for the Stainless?..

Plz giv me some suggestion, much thx..

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Ceramic coating can be put on both stainless and mild steel but stainless lasts longer. I'm sure ceramic coating won't make any difference to the sound.

I'd go with stainless extractors and get them ceramic coated.

HTV1900

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown SS VY
If $$ are a problem get the mild steel extractors. They will do the exact same job and if ceramic coated, they look the same as stainless. The stainless steel used in exhausts is quite a low quality grade due to high grade SS being quite brittle (Certainly doesn't like to be bent) and does rust, just not as much as mild steel can. I'm not sold on ceramic coating keeping engine bay temps down, if it makes a difference it would be SFA. I run painted mild steel extractors and they have not rusted in 9 years.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
On me and dads project car we had the extractors custom made, after 2 months we took the extractors out and got them ceramic coated, and it is sound a little different, not much but I think it was better, and did perform a little bit Better to, remember the cooler the better :p

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Where? That's a good price, and about to get mine done
Cheers
Was 3 years ago now, but was in Castlemaine

JET-HOT Coatings Australia, Jet-Hot, jet coat, hot jet, headers, coatings, sterling,Header coating, Ceramic coating, corrosion protection, Metallic Ceramic Coatings, MCCI, metallic ceramic, exhaust coating, performance coating, temperature reduction,

Definitely makes a difference. If you're a cheap ass heat wrap will work, but won't last very long. And it keeps down engine temps heaps more than the original paint did.

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
HI

Thanks for all suggestions..
Damn.. the local exhaust shop cost me extra $500 to get it coated

ceramic coated n mild steel, can u feel big temp difference while or when u r driving?..

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Was 3 years ago now, but was in Castlemaine

Nice one, thanks man. Just did their online quote and it came to $355. Competition Coatings in Coburg is a little more but closer, so might just get them done there.
Cheers