Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlight adjuster thread - went too far!!

grechy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Sportwagon
i have just changed my SV6 headlights over to SSV projectors, then installed some HID's to new headlights. everything going well until i needed to adjust the right hand side alignment.. unfortunately i went a bit crazy with the adjustment turning and now i think i may have turned too far to no return. from what ive been reading, it looks as if ive screwed the adjustment off the thread/nut? this being the case, it is now stuck at a high level which i really need to lower asap.

is there an easy way to access/fix this issue up of the headlight adjuster? or will i have to remove the headlight again and attack it another way? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I find that any sentence which contains both "VE" and "headlight" ends unhappily.
I haven't had the problem, but I have had a lot of trouble adjust my headlights after changing a bulb.
It turns out that the low-beam bulbs can be inserted upside-down, and that really puts your adjustment out.
When I was trying adjust mine (not realizing that the bulb was upside down), I noticed that the nylon socket where your screwdriver engages, connects to a toothed wheel that can be rotated by finger, if your fingers are long enough and skinny enough.
I have adjusted mine "all the way" (trying to compensate for the upside-down thing), and it stopped, and all I could do was go back.
If yours has disengaged, I'd suggest you visualize where the two pieces of nylon mesh, as I suspect that that is where your problem is.
It might be possible to re-engage them, by gentle pressure in one direction or another.